Opening the rFms?

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by JoshJ81, Jan 13, 2012.

1. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

I copied mine to a seperate working folder and when I open it in GMotor2.exe I get this:

RFM.jpg

Then I can right click and extract the rfm file. Other thing that pops to mind is I have installed my rf2 to a gaming drive (in my case E: Drive) and what version Formula Renault do you have installed, ver 1.0 or ver 1.1

2. LjTiger69

LjTiger69 Registered

No I can't

3. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Have you tried copying the file to a temporary folder?

4. LjTiger69

LjTiger69 Registered

MAS2 cannot extract mas

5. LjTiger69

LjTiger69 Registered

I have copy .mas files and MAS2.exe in a new folder. I try to open MAS2 in compatibility mode XP SP3 and run "as administrators" but nothing happens, I unable to open mas.

6. kmw

kmw Registered

I have same problem, unable to extract the files using MAS2, anyone any other suggestions please? I have tried extracting from a backup folder, and from original folder, vehicle and track mas files will extract, but rfm, rfmod will not?
    dbens1, your list shows 3 files, mine just shows the mas file in its unextracted form, just cannot get it to extract. It says 'Unable to open mas file'. Very frustrating :(

7. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Maybe if you copy the mas2.exe into the same folder as the rfm file. No idea why else it would not work. If you are using Windows 7, maybe check to see if there is another copy of the rfm files in the documents folder (under rfactor 2 documents). I have my game installed to a seperate gaming folder and maybe that is the secret (computer voodoo)

8. kmw

kmw Registered

Thanks for trying to help dbens1, I've tried it in separate folders as well, with no success. Might end up reinstalling to a different fiolder like you,

cheers anyway