[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. speed1

speed1 Banned

Man the Mazda is great, shortly tested and i like it already. Very strong ffb this cars has and i need to go down to a multibler of 0.10 to avoid clipping but it feels good for the first run and i know what i'll drive tonight. Thx for another car i already like.

edit: ah sorry forget that i'm using non linear steering torque at 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
  2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Who is the guy doing this ? What a great drive on the great looking Loch Drummond on a overcast day at midday around 1.30 pm with this car, really cool. The most immersive drive so far.

3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

The base physics was done by the same guy who did the IFS3 mod physics, Derek Nye. However Derek works mostly on open wheel cars and did these physics to help us fix them when v0.1 and 0.2 had issues with the tires. So thanks Derek! :)

As to other updates. The Porsche 962C and Sauber C11 are in game. What we have to do now is get physics and sounds done so we can release them in another open beta. I believe there may be one more open beta updating the Mazda and then the one after that will include one of the other cars to extend the open beta to two cars. There is still some work and testing to be done there for the cars and with christmas coming up, the work will be slower as the guys go on their holidays and spend time with their families. I don't expect any of the other two cars to be released until next year. Though the Mazda update might make it before the end of this year.

I will keep you all posted on the progress as we go along though it will be a bit slow over the coming weeks with the x-mas holidays as I mentioned. Thanks again for all your support, it is really motivating the team to keep at it.

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx for the update Petros :)

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Good job already this car, i like it. Thx to all involved and have a nice holiday.

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks, Petros and team :)

7. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hi All,

Thought I would round of this year with some preview pictures of what's to come from the team next year amongst other new cars.

On behalf of the team I would like to wish everyone a Great Christmas and a prosperous New Year:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

WOW! Thank you all!

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

10. Tony

Tony Registered

The anticipation of driving those wee-beasties has put a smile on my chops. Thanks for doing it for free too :D

11. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Thanks for sharing! I can hardly wait to drive that C11, I'm not much of a Porsche guy:) Looking at these pics, foremostly the first few depicting the fronts, makes it extremely clear that an under-car shadow is very welcome very soon. Now it looks like the cars are floating.

12. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Fantastic work. Really looking forward to seeing this mod flesh out over time. I foresee some fantastic league/online play with this mod in the future.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

14. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Just tested the Mazda, great potential, keep doing good guys !

15. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Hi there any news on this project so far?

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hi there,

We are working on physics and sounds at the moment for the Porsche 962C and the Sauber C11. They are not that far off. :)

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Good to hear ! :) The Mazda need opponents :D

18. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Will you be doing the Jag XJR - 9 or 11 or any of the other Prototype C cars ?

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Please let them do the announced car's before ask for new one's :)

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

We hope to in the future. Right now aside from finishing and releasing cars we have done, we are focusing a lot more on WRS and will be opening the WRS website and campaign officially very soon. WRS for us is a very important project and a number of its series and cars will make it to rFactor 2 as introduction to them. Currently all our guys are commercial with absolutely no modder modelers any longer. While our guys still do models for mods here and there in between client work, they're all now part of the commercial team.

I am hoping to bring in more people to the group, modders who can develop more cars and content while we focus more on WRS, but will see how that goes. For now, our modding side has a plethora of vehicles to finalize, put in game and release so we're good for a VERY long time. There are many cars I'd like to do, unfortunately not enough artists for the modding side. We'll see what the future brings though. :)