[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Having finally driven it after having downloaded day 1, I can say that the steering lock is definitely off as people said. You have to turn way too much into anything, it's not just fast corners. FFB only exists on kerbs so I can't offer much feedback on the braking of the car. In real life this thing definitely needed some braking room, it's not a "brake at 100m and still make the tight corner" car.

2. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Version 0.3 of the 1991 Group C mod has been released, below we have the updated download links as well as the changelog.

Thanks to Derek Nye and Stephen Young (Liquid4653) there have been quite a number of updates in this mod. The first comes in the physics department where Derek has helped get the cars more drivable and better handling as well as fixing some tire issues. This of course is a temporary fix until we get them entirely fixed but this update should make the mod much better for all of you to enjoy until future physics updates are done. Force Feedback and Steering have been updated and feedback on those will be appreciated from all of you. This car also works with Online Multiplayer now so you can host your servers and have fun with it. Enjoy!

Please remember to uninstall and delete v0.2 before installing v0.3

1991 Group C Open Beta v0.3
    MAK-Corp Mirror [Initial Release: September 30th, 2013][Update Released: October 6th, 2013]
    Mediafire Mirror

Changelog v0.3

* Physics update #2.
    * Steering adjusted.
    * Force Feedback fixed.
    * Moved bonnet cam view.
    * Headlight beam and strength adjusted.
    * Fixed front rims having duplicate rim part inside - was only visible with covers off.
    * Chrome on wheels adjusted.
    * Full body export with new properties.
    * Static undershadow added - visible in spinner.
    * Online Multiplayer now working.

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thank you Petros and Mak corp :)

4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Holy mother of god, are you trying to break my wheel;), i never seen it do that before, even got clipping at 0.20 multplyer lol.

5. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Thank you Petros! Nice Mod.

6. philman

philman Registered

Very nice update. Many thanks.

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Yep I got the same on my CSR e. The oscillation whilst sitting in the pits was mental. Lucky I didn't load and go to the toilet else I think she may have cooked herself. 0.1 gets clipping. Crazy! :(

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Tried latest, still don't like rear of car, just lets go for no apparent reason at times, feel like a passenger. Can't feel the rear going in wheel, just swings round. Too much like other ISI cars right now for me. Will try again next update

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Mid-fast stuff the car feels convincing too me, has lots of grip. But the slow stuff i get the same feeling as i do with the ISI cars i don't like. It feels like a lottery and you just hang on not knowing when to push,just no feeling of tyres on the road

10. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

@petros

thanks for this mod! It's soo good to have these group C monsters in Rf2. I experience the same issues with the ffb as mentioned above; anything over 0.2/3 makes my T500 go crazy. Happy to here that more physics changes are in the pipeline. A question about the tires: when having the left top live contact patch display activated, the front are displayed as being much wider than the rears. Is this just a visual misshap or are the fronts actually wider?

11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Fanatec Gt3 rs V2 wheel here and the FFB is brutal... Its gone from end of the spectrum to the other, I'm actually afraid to drive now in fear of breaking my wheel :p FFB multi set at .30 and smoothing on .1 seems to tame it but I think it deffo needs turning down a bit for belt driven wheels

12. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Just back from hospital, My G27 broke my left hand ;)

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Short feedback. Thx to baked bean and mydriz for reporting (due their postings i started my test with ffb multi 0.20 so no broken hand on my side :D)

As Mydriaz above reported ffb is now to strong. Have reduced it to ffb multi 0.13 (use a fanatec csr-e with the formula rim)
    Maybe the reason for this is the reduced steering wheel range. It was before I think 620 deg. and now 360 deg.
    In the past I noticed the same effect (with other cars) in rFactor if I forgot to set the right values for real feel ffb. (used for rf real feel ffb with some tools to set the right values)

The trend to spin during braking is much lower in other words controllable. I feel now also the bumps in corners (sebring) and car gives me all over more feedback.
    Changes to the steering also work well. Tire temperature for the front tires are now higher and it seems to me they work now in a normal range.
    Had done today some test laps in Sebring my new best lap time with the 787 after tweaking the setup is a high 1.49 (two seconds faster as with version 0.2)
    IMHO the changes except the strong ffb are going in the right direction.

Thx for the update and keep on the good work. I really like this car.

alex

14. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Feels better on Lime Rock than Essington, but still i miss that planted tyre feel that i get with the Open wheel mod in the slow stuff. But much much better. Sounds really stand out though, it feels a bit on/off right now with sound, needs some rasping etc off throttle, right now it's weird when you come off the throttle, just nothing. Of course i understand it's beta still.

15. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

I´m downloading, I´ll install it and even try it...but my G27 broke yesterday (is not dead and I can play, but the minimum details of the FFB are like dead and the profiler is working bad because of it, it can be one of the engines or the motherboard)...so I won´t say a word about physics and such any more. :(

I´ll judge the sounds and other things instead. lol

Thanks for the update. ;)

16. FONismo

FONismo Registered

This comment on YT sums the sound as it is now perfectly

"One of my favourite cars of all time. However, the sounds are pretty awful, seems like they were taken from an 8 bit NES racing game... lol."

Made me laugh reading that. It is a beta though and sound has been said to be WIP. The on/off sound thing is really noticeable for me though, general engine does sound poor. But also badly missing some popping, banging and rasping.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I have to agree... the sounds are pretty bad right now but it was said by Petros that the sounds from the first release had to be swapped over as they were causing some sort of problem.

(Correct me if I`m wrong there Petros)

They have not been updated with this latest release but will be in future releases.

I`ve not had a chance to drive the latest release yet so can`t really comment on anything else so far.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok... I got some time with the updated 787B last night...

First thing I`ve got to say is that the ffb seems to have gone from one extreme to the other. Before the update it was way too light but now it seems to be extremely heavy and way too much.

I knocked the ffb multi down to 0.20 and it was much more driveable and didn`t want to snap my wrists or shake the G25 to bits lol...

If a happy medium can be found with the ffb it`ll make a huge difference to this car. That and some decent sounds and it`ll be heading in the right direction for sure.

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Have anyone tried to raise the rear flap from 6 to 10 and or to 8 ? If yes I'm very interested in how the experience was.
    Looking forward to some feedback.

thx

20. zonder

zonder Registered

Just had a go with latest 0.3 version. FFB is very strong but feels better than previous, Wheell rotation now makes it controllable to me:) Very nice exterior model, very plain and simple interior looks like T1 only shader used, sound seems to cut completely off when changing gear which sounds a bit weierd, Love the Bonnet cam, i want that style of camera in every Mod:) Overall love the car and is blast fast, hope to see more updates. Good Luck