[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

ehehe its because when i see big posts i only read the first sentence and the last and take it for understood and make a reply.
    thats my method lol

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Good job!

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks for the update, looking forward too the Beta.

Just to pick up on the bold text, whilst it's nice to have wipers they are currently pointless in RF2 as ISI hav'nt got around to giving us Rain on Windscreens yet, so I would'nt use that as a selling point ;)

4. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you very much Mr Petros. Next week I´ll be closing all windows and doors...till the smoke start coming out from my wheel, lol.

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

LMAO, nice to know that. I myself wouldn't know as I never get time to play. I'm constantly so busy working on things I can't really find time to sit down and enjoy some gaming even if its for a little while. The most I get to see from our mods is when I go in-game to analyze and review the work done to ensure the quality is up to the standards I desire to release. But yeah that is good to know about the wipers. I guess for now they can act as bug killers. :p

@MarcG: HAHA! I can imagine. Be sure to take some time to let us know what you think too. Don't want to lose you from the community for a couple years. :| :p

6. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

News on the release date for the first Open Beta and a very special promotion with it has been posted on our website at http://www.mak-corp.com.au/

Check it out!

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks Petros, the Mazda is coming on 30th september, my birthday. Cheers.

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Roll on Monday... :)

9. Magzire

Magzire Registered

faith slightly restored ;)

10. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Please bear in mind. This is an OPEN BETA!!! This means there are still issues we need to sort out especially in physics and sounds. We don't have real data on this car, its damn well near impossible to acquire so we'll be relying on the community feedback to develop this further. I'd also like to point out that in rF2, different tracks have different grip levels and this causes an unnatural balance in the physics where on some tracks its great and in others it slips and slides like its on ice. This is a track issue that we at the moment cannot fix.

As for other physic elements, we'll be looking at feedback and updating accordingly as we do want this to become the best possible version of the car as we can make it, so you all get to play a role in making that possible.

I wanted to make note of this because I don't want people thinking that it is a fully finished build and then complaining that its not good. It is only an Open Beta and with your help, we'll advance it higher.

Thanks.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Can you look at the F1C mod by Virtua LM as well as the Redline GTP mod for NR2003 for reference?

12. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

I'd have to discuss that with the VLM guys if that's the case, I would not use something if they didn't allow it even if it is something as simple as visible data in a HDV and so on. Its their work so I'd have to ask them. You having mentioned it though I will have a talk with one of the guys I know there to find out how good the Mazda 787B is on that mod and see if we can use any of the data from it. I've not played that mod so didn't know there was a Mazda 787B in F1C. Thanks for the heads up. :)

13. Big thumbs up Petros, I've been looking forward to this mod for a while.

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Greetings all!

While you are all waiting for the mod release tomorrow, we thought we'd share some screenshots for you all to enjoy as we continue to finalize the Open Beta release build. Bear in mind that these screens were taking from a few builds older than where we are now so certain things have been fixed. For all of you who have supported us throughout the years, we thank you and hope you will enjoy the Open Beta to come and a lot more then on. :)

15. scott420247

scott420247 Registered

these look great,,Excited for release

16. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Can't wait

17. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Thanks for posting that dude, that is awesome!

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Petros!

This pictures look awsome :) Top notch ! One question 30 September and what time zone :D

alex

19. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Very nice. Now maybe this will motivate Virtual LM to release the 1996 track version ;)

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey mate. I'll be releasing it in Australian Timezone. GMT+10. My desire is to have it out before 10pm Australian EST time. That would make it 6am in Colorado, USA, and early morning in other places too so I think its a good time. People can wake up to find it online on the rest of the world. Though there is chances it will be out earlier than that. 10pm is pretty much the latest I want to get it out. :)