[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Since the announcement of this mod, regardless of how difficult rf2 is to mod, there's already been, like over 25 other mods released. I've lost hope, it's just empty claims.....and here I was not one of those people, but honestly, I've lost all care for this mod. Someone else will release similar cars WAY before this even "seems" close.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Quantity over quality seems to be your argument there. rFactor 1 had hundreds of mods released throughout its life but the good, proper ones account for less than ten total. I'm eager to have these cars to race in a game, more than any other cars, yet I rather have them come out with good sounds and realistic driving than them just be another release. The community is filled with impatient people and that's incredibly annoying. Just have a look at the Aussie V8 topic and how some people can be so unreasonable and aggressive just to try something still early in development.

3. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Well we are talking about a "beta" car, not the final mod. Of course the final mod should be as good as it can be, but a public beta ( single car ) could very well include a temporary tire models and physics

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I really don't know what to say! I don't even care about this mod anymore!:(
    It's now 12 months from the first post in this thread and the only thing that we have are promises and promises! I think that this 3d should be closed and when the mod is ready, then Mark can open a new one!

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I really don't know what to say! I don't even care about this mod anymore!:(
    It's now 14 months from the first post in this thread and the only thing that we have are promises and promises! I think that this 3d should be closed and when the mod is ready, then Mark can open a new one!

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

See? Perfect examples of the "want it now" mentality. What's the point of a carshape with improper handling, sounds, etc? I was once critical of things regarding the modding group but it's childish to be hung up in the past. Offer the benefit of the doubt and wait. If one doesn't care for the mod, there's no need to post or tell others to close a topic. There's a mod for rFactor 1 coming out in a couple of months that actually was the reason I purchased the game back in 2006. That's 7 years of wait for something that seemed to be almost final.

These posts aren't helpful at all, I understand wanting to have an update but if there's nothing to show... then what would you expect to see? More images of things you've seen before, and endless flaming posts about "this is dead, nothing's being worked on anymore"? People must remember rFactor 2 isn't finished yet, it's far from being complete. Be mature and respectful, provide people with the space they need instead of petulant behavior.

7. Superdevil

Superdevil Registered

Haha! Great attitude! Sounds like my 6 year-old nephew when he can't have any ice cream. ;)

Anyone who's complaining, here's a tip: Blender is free, download it and learn some 3-D modeling and maybe in 14 months you can release your own mod. :D

8. Duvel

Duvel Registered

there are valid reasons to be concerned about this mod. I do hope it comes and it resolves maks reputation, but in the past all that really happens is petros really engages with people with very long posts full of promises where more and more gets added every time someone asks for it, but nothing ever comes.

Let's hope they pull through soon though or this will be the last mod anyone gives them the benefit of the doubt on :)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Funny that...

It`s exactly what I did about a couple of months ago. Downloaded Blender (which I think is a fantastic bit of software, especially as it`s free...) and I`ve been following tutorials on modeling and everything that goes along with it. I`m really enjoying it too.

Just started my first car tutorial the other day...

:cool:

Mind you, I wasn`t complaining (about the mod) in the first place. These things will come to us (which I sincerely hope it does) or they won`t...

Blend on!

:)

10. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Greetings all.

Well we've been working very hard which is why you haven't heard from us for a while and I am very pleased to say that Open Beta release is now imminent. The open beta release is in final testing stage and is planned to be released in about a week as long as no major bugs arise that we need to sort out. From what we've tested however there doesn't seem to be any major bugs that are not rF2 related so we're looking pretty set for a release in a week. Stay tuned!

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Sounding good... :)

12. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

This will be rf2 release?

13. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Very nice!!! I can´t wait!!

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I speak as a driver because I've no idea about how difficult modding could be ^-^ But at the moment rFactor2 is the best racing sim I can buy. P cars and AC are behind their planed milestones. For now we can be happy. Unfortunately, not everyone shares this view and so we have a lack on not ISI mods and online activity. But ISI is at the moment and for over a year the only developer with official version that anyone can by ^-^ Crazy :confused:

15. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Just to answer a question that was put in the previous page. Yes this will be the rF2 open beta that is being released. :)

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

One chance to make a good impression in this new generation.

17. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Here's some more information on the Open Beta.

The first open beta will include the 1991 Mazda 787B in a number of liveries. It will include working headlights for night racing, working two speed windscreen wipers for wet weather racing and it will include a base physics set that we will build upon. There is a lot of data that cannot be found for these cars and we've been asking our acquaintances for support on any information they can offer. Through feedback provided on our forums we will analyze what feedback is genuine and perform updates accordingly. Our aim is to build these Group C cars to be a great mod for rF2 and your opinion matters. We're doing the best we can with the limited knowledge and info we have on these cars so be sure to remember that we don't have all the data when your playing these.

After open beta we plan to release updates as per required and then a major update to include the Porsche 962C release. Third major open beta will see the release of the Sauber C11. A few updates after that when we feel all three cars are perfected to a high level, we'll release the complete build.

This is the way we have it planned for the Group C cars. As we only have one person who can put cars into rF2, we can only do things one car at a time right now. Hopefully with the release of the Mazda 787B, some modders may decide to join in and help out not only with these cars, but others also.

We are looking forward to releasing this over the next week so stay tuned!

18. Radar

Radar Registered

You sure.. I was going to say GTA 5 lol

19. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

LMAO, yeah I do say that a lot don't I? Just lack of a better word really. Maybe I should do a looney tunes based ending video to each post saying Stay Tuned! :p :D