[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea have to add my vote to that stonking video ..onboards are magic, thanks TJ

2. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Did you guys figure out that erection issue,....er.... um.......I mean, reflection issue :eek:

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

"Reflection" issue occurs if spending too much time looking at self

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just release the mod already! I too want to have reflections.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Chronic outbreak, could lead to a plague.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Recent medical analysis has categorized reflections as proper human behaviour and not as a plague, so there!

Btw where is the mod? PESTERPESTERPESTER

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I dont know!:(

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

That reminds me:
    Uncle Peter was Picking Peas in the Pea Patch with aunt Polly,
    Uncle Peter Punched aunt Polly in the Pelly with a Pea Pole
    and aunt Polly went "Peern" !

(I know... completely off topic,but all those p's floating around above, I remember this from 1960)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
  10. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Well.. three weeks gone again, hows things?

11. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all.

Well things have been going well with getting to grips with various things on rF2. While stephen our rF2 guy has been doing that, Steven and Sami our rF1 guys have been working on the rF1 versions. The Mazda 787B for rF1 is planned for release next month. Physics and sounds are the final things left to do on the rF1 787B and we're very excited at getting it out. An rF2 version is coming too, we just have a bit more to do with rF2 and the rF2 team is working on that.

I'll keep you posted on the rF1 release so you can enjoy that while the rF2 one is being finalized too.

12. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Don't have rF1 :(

13. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Thanks for the update Petros. I've been quietly following this thread with anticipation. Tis too bad it gets spammed so much(like most of the ISI forum).

With quotes like the one below, or people like myself who just can't bring themselves to run rF1 anymore, It's kind of confusing why your team seems more motivated to get it into rF1 first. Ever since my first few laps in rF2 even the best rF1 mods I have can't keep me driving long enough to warm the tires :/

But, whatever, I'm sure it will be worth the wait(well hopefully).

14. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Omg this still isnt released? :)

Ill come back in next year to check.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

rF1 provides a good test base for assets, although physics and maybe sounds need changing. There shouldn't be any issues with the shapes and materials since the source will have everything done, and the export is what will change from rF1 to rF2.

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hello Foxtrot.

Its not really about motivation. We are motivated to put in rF2 but we have to think realistically too. We have a select number of in-game guys. 2 for rF1 who don't yet know much on how to mod rF2 nor wish to mod rF2 until it becomes more solid. Our third guy is our RACE07 guy who decided to switch to rF2 and is the main guy focused on our rF2 in-game process and has been learning it for the last month+. Having only one guy willing to work on rF2 and learn it makes it slower for us to get things out on the game, not to mention that each update of the game has caused new issues that we've had to work out. Its not ideal and not really fun for any in-game guy. We don't like to release half done work, its not who we are, we strive for quality and that quality needs to show in our mods when they are released.

The rF1 in-game guys prefer working on rF1 right now, and due to that, I rather have them getting the cars into rF1 and get them out, rather than have them sit there and do nothing until rF2 goes "Gold". Putting them in rF1 also helps in other areas which I'll explain below...

1) It is much faster to put cars into rF1 through the years of knowledge and the ease of modding that rF2 doesn't have.
    2) By placing in rF1 first we can check the models to ensure they appear right in game and fix any graphical bugs we see.
    3) We can develop physics faster and port that into rF2 with minor changes and then only have to work on wet physics in rF2.
    4) It allows us to provide a mod to the community faster for them to enjoy while they wait for rF2.
    5) It allows us to provide more mods for leagues who are continuously using rF1 simply because rF2 is in no shape currently content wise to provide leagues with the level of content they require for their championships.

We have guys who in their modding desires prefer a specific game, so we have to work with what we have, we can't make them work on a game they don't want to when it comes to the in-game process, let alone a game they don't know how to mod.

But both game mods are progressing which is the main thing and soon enough we'll be on top of rF2 as well and we'll be able to pump out the cars on that as quickly as humanly possible. Each and every day our guys are working hard to get to this stage and we're happy that we're not that far off now. :)

17. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Thanks Petros for your information. I appreciate your work and can understand your desires, motivations and difficulty developing complex mods. Hope next months will enjoy your work for rfactor2.

18. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

This post is from June 17th. Now that was 3 Months ago.. this is one of my eargerly awaited mods but i honestly lost my hope and fear that it is classic mak corp, releasing alot of renders and thats it.

Still happy if you would prove me wrong though..

19. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Very frustrating indeed. Guess that guy mirage1 was right couple pages back claiming he was a fake with empty promises

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

rFactor 2 isn't the easiest to develop to especially given the new tire model, so cars being ready means nothing if there's nothing else to go with it.