[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. SouthPawRacer

SouthPawRacer Registered

Very nice news guys! certainly been wondering whether there was ever a mod made of the old ATCC/Proto-V8 Supercar days.

2. Niko

Niko Registered

when we can drive all this cars? :)

3. motojase171

motojase171 Registered

Can't wait for this mod to be released, love all the different cars you guys are doing! espeacialy the ford falcon and gtr32 ;)

4. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

This mod will be released on rf1 first to give you all a taste of what you can expect. Including the open beta. rF2 still requires so much to do animation wise, and with rf2 no doubt going to see changes which may require modders to re-do parts of their work, we're not very keen on having to work on the same things multiple times. So for rF2 we're waiting to ensure that its brought out as perfect as possible. rF1 will be a good place to show what you can expect, get feedback on the dry physics etc.

5. Niko

Niko Registered

Ok, but nobody want to return on RF1. :(

6. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Dont have it on comp no more,,or gtr2,,or race07.
    They dont feel as good as rfactor2

7. lbird

lbird Registered

Well, to be honest from the RF1 content only HistorX comes very very close to the driving feeling of RF2 now. But it is still a ton of fun and i still drive it regularly. I am really looking forward what these guys will pull off in RF2.....

8. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

+1

Every now and then I fire up rF1 to drive a mod I miss, and just can not seem to drive more than 1 - 2 laps.

Seems rF2 has killed my older sims lol.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Might be better to give out a demo of some kind for rf2?

If possible?

10. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Its possible we could release something with less features then what rfactor entirely allows and then build continue updating and building it further as rf2 expands and finalizes its features, but that would need to depend on a few factors, the most important being the community realizing that the mod being in beta form and not 100% is due to rf2 not being 100% final. There is a chance driver body models would be lacking in the first open beta.

But if the community is interested in an rf2 beta version which expands with rf2 over time and with the communities feedback, then post your interest here and the team will weigh it up and discuss it.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm all for rf2 beta instead of rf1 because I can't drive rf1 anymore after spoiled with rf2.

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Absolutely would love to try a beta version!! As someone who leaves steering wheel off anyways, that wouldn't bother me one bit :)

13. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

I would gladly beta test it !
    anyway a beta of a mod on a beta sim seems legit to me!

14. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

definately interested in an beta. We could already test the core-functions of the mod. That is the driving feel, the graphics and maybe the sounds. And of course we could already have massive fun ;)
    Think of it this way: with releasing the mod to RF1, you practically do the same thing or worse as releasing it in RF2 as beta: Not all of the sophisticated functions are implemented, but the overall driving feel will be much better in RF2.

15. lbird

lbird Registered

If you ask me i would rather take a beta RF2 version with some limited features which will expand over time (like every RF2 content does at the moment, even feels3's tracks) than have time invested in an RF1 version.
    I think the community will be aware of the beta status and the feedback will be helpful....

16. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

So be it, I will have my guy begin implementing the new updates over to rf2 once some bugs we found via placing them in rf1 are fixed and we'll release them to you guys asap. I'll keep you posted.

17. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

awesome mate! I love your interaction with us here!

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you!

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Glad you have decided to release a beta of your mod for rF2 Petros. I am sure there will be quite a number of people who will enjoy what you put out, even in beta form. I just hope you don't let the nay sayers get you down as you know that there will be some once you have released a beta.

As for the beta, I am sure there will be tire issues as that is not finalized with ISI so can't be for mod creators either. I am just curious however as to what else might be limited in a beta version. I have seen the models and the paint work that has been done so far and am quite impressed, so if only the drivers arms, legs and hands are missing I am sure we can put up with that ;)

20. Niko

Niko Registered

Very good news Petros, thank a lot.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012