[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all. An update on the Sauber Mercedes C11. The Interior is now completed and we're showing off the HD Interior to you all today. Modeled by Dmitriy Barishev the Sauber C11 is planned to be released in the racing expansion of the Classic Cars Mod. Enjoy!

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Your guys do some amazing work there Petros, looking forward to more updates.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I can only agree. :)

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Veery nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope the wheel gets the alcadara treatment.

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all, long time no see. How is everyone doing? I thought I'd come in amid all the work I'm doing these days and give you all a small report on the happenings of the mod. Things are progressing well though a bit slower due to some of our commercial product obligations taking some of our time away but the good news is that the classic cars are going into rF1 as we speak. rF2 requires more time to get things done, animations and other features which do take more time so we thought we'd add the cars in rF1 and produce a beta for you all to enjoy while the rF2 version is being done. We will also be looking at making a SEPARATE add on for the rfe wet weather mod for those of you who use that mod and wish to use it with our mod. It won't come in the default mod package as we don't want to force rfe on anyone who doesn't want it, instead, we'll make the rfe compatibility files for those who want to add it themselves.

For the rF1 version there is a chance that we may release the Mazda 787B in the first open beta as modding rf1 is easier and faster then rf2 where we have to do it in packages. So I look forward to keeping you up to date and having an rf1 beta of this mod out to you guys at the soonest possible time.

Stay tuned!

P.S: For those of you who cannot access our site/forums, we are performing a server upgrade which can take a couple more days due to the nature of the upgrade. We hope to see you back there once its all back up.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Great news and thanks for the effort:)too bad I'm not able to play rF1 anymore!

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Good news indeed... be great to have a go with your mod in rf but I`m really looking forward to it in rf2, should be quite something I think.

@ wajdi

How come you can`t drive rf anymore? That`s a bit of a bummer...

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I cant either. Ive erased all rf stuff from pc and there is no way Im going back there, sorry.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

nikos,already gave you the answer!I had 20GB of mods from rF1 in my pc but after trying the physic/fbb of rF2 ,I tried to drive in rF1 I thought,what's this crap?now no way I'm going back to rF1!

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yep me too. Can't do it after playing rf2. Actually can't play anything else after playing rf2.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Well first off I really asked because I thought you had some kind of problem with rf that meant you could`nt drive it wajdi but I hear you guys...

Although I still have three rf installs on my sim HDD I have`nt touched them, or anything else since I got my hands on rf2.

Nothing compares to it or comes even close...

The ffb, physics and real road etc are just tooo good and all still in beta. Imagine how good this will be when (if? lol :p) it goes gold...

:cool:

I did try to do some rf testing for Gjon but could`nt as I had the DVD version of rf... I`d do some testing with rf for ISI if I could but to drive, it`s got to be rf2!

12. Niko

Niko Registered

Any news from this mod?

13. Yarach

Yarach Registered

From what I know the site is down. So I can't say anything about it.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Nothing coming up for me either when I tried the link just now...

15. Yarach

Yarach Registered

http://www.mak-corp.net/forum/ seems to be working now. Though Logging-in is not working for me. It says "Welcome back", but after redirecting I am still not logged in.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

any news?what happens with this mods? they had said that the beta would be out soon!!
    I hate this things.............

17. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hi GTClub. The cars are being added to the game but rF2 is more time consuming to mod with having to make animations and so on. ADUBZ was the one who said he'd have the mod out soon but as you all know, he quit modding for the time being, but our other guys are working on it. :)

Sorry about the site and forum being down, we had a major server upgrade issue. If you cannot login, delete your cache, temporary internet files and cookies for the forum and then try again, that should fix it.

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Good to know things are back up and running as they should be. :)

19. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey all, thought we'd show another model which will be coming into the Classic Cars mod. This addition to the mod is for all Australian's who remember this series. The early 90s Australian Touring Car Championship is considered to have provided some of the best racing in the series. A time when the series was not just about Holden and Ford, a time when drivers could build their cars and come in and race as independents. 2013 brings the old habits of the ATCC back to the world and we felt it was fitting to bring back these classic cars from which the multi manufacturer entries ended. For some this may not be considered a classic series for the championship, but for Australian's its as classic as the old Group C ATCC cars, some of which will make it into the mod as well.

The 1993 Ford EB Falcon shall be included in its iconic Shell Helix Dick Johnson Racing livery driven by Dick Johnson and John Bowe as well as the Peter Jackson Glenn Seton Racing livery which was driven by the 1993 ATCC Champion Glenn Seton and ex F1 champion Alan Jones.

We hope you enjoy the screens below.

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Glad to see you guys are still getting things done on this and looking forward to it when you have it done. Thanks for doing what you guys do. :)