Open Beta This Week?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DougSpinster, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Never have I heard such a ludicrous statement.

2. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Agreed. There is still a lot of life left in RF1, and I will leave it at that.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

again for the MILLIONTH TIME....ISI have NEVER stated a release date apart from "Beta in 2011", it was never "Pulled" as you say from 2010, it was "expected" by fans not ISI and if they keep quiet it probably means they're working hard on it!

god I dont know why I bother....something to cure my hangover I guess!

4. coops

coops Banned

agree been on RF1 for 1 yr now or more every1 i know still playing some friends have iracing too, there choice not mine
    im waiting for RFACTOR 2 like every1 else, till then rf1 here i come;)

5. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

QFT.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Indeed... but, while you could argue when Tim said we'd be playing it by Christmas it was his personal opinion and not the considered judgement of the dev team as a whole, I hope it doesn't become the first actual statement to fail :eek:

I'm happy to wait for as long as it takes, but I think keeping quiet until it's ready to go would have been better than saying more and more and suddenly going quiet for weeks. Still, most of the people actually looking to play the game long term probably don't mind.

7. Vedster

Vedster Registered

Sure thing, its going to be ready when it is ready, but it would be really nice to have it rather sooner than later.
    I had enough of half hearted console ports that all claim to be this or that. As much as rf1 still holds its ground my appetite for new stuff is very, very strong

8. poket roket

poket roket Registered

You know, Thursday is my Birthday......:cool:

9. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

What you doing here then?

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

My advice to you people who are impatient is buy skyrim.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

haha yeah Tim might be a little red faced if that happened!
    I have noticed a trend of silent periods from ISI/Tim on these forums so its nothing new, I want RF2 as much as anyone on here but prepared to wait, V8Factor Unleashed will keep me going for months!

12. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Registered

I wholeheartedly agree CDN....Skyrim has taken over my life....at least for now....lol

13. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yeah, me too :)
    But things change over time, especially when there are a lot of unknowns involved in the process. One month you're pretty certain that work is almost done, next month you face new facts and new problems that need to be solved before release.
    It may turn out that Tim's statement turned out to be a bit too naive. Fortunately, I have no problem with that, as I have no problem with iRacing not providing me with what I want. I'll just wait until it does and then I'll renew my subscription.

C'est la vie :)

Well, as I said before - once you start providing information, there's no going back.

I have no problem with product being delayed, but when it's stated that we may expect it in some time, then it's also expected that we will be informed from now on, about any circumstances that may cause a holdup. Otherwise speculations will start.

What we know is that open beta's main purpose is to test new modding interface. Any problems with this must and will cause a holdup, while problems with other, unrelated features may simply result with them not being availale in open beta without causing delay. Seems logical enough to me.

What we also know is that there is closed beta still in progress and Tim said it takes more time than expected. So it seems like testers are finding new issues, and if these issues are related to modding system, there's simply no other option than to delay open beta further.

In general - I'd appreciate more information about progress and holdups that arose. With that knowledge we would have better understanding, and with understanding comes acceptance. I know a thing or two about software development and I have some imagination, so it's easier for me to accept current state of things without any extra information, but many others could certainly use it.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I was, and am. Every morning I wake up wanting to shoot myself with the symptoms! But I have also been very busy and this is the main reason for lack of activity (other than editing a few posts which were reported for language).

My time is better spent on other things at the moment than in the forum where I end up repeating the same thing. Things are day by day, there's no news other than what you already know: we're in closed beta. I can come here and repeat that every day, but I think that is not required considering that this is the most up-to-date news. And taking the time out to drive, record, edit, render and upload a video of Spa is down the list, too, but still on it. There also was another video being made by someone, so I expected you to have something within the last two weeks, but that got put on-hold so that more important things could be done, too. The important things are our focus.

In terms of open beta release, the "be driving by Christmas" statement is hopefully still going to be correct. Any further estimation is off the table at the moment until the closed beta ends, so I'm not going to be here repeating anything. :) That's the news, when there is something else, it'll be posted, even if there is silence in-between.

15. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Glad to hear you, Tim! I hope like you that will not disappoint us! I wish the light work and quickly correct any mistakes that you have a closed beta test version. Easy, and productive work for you! Good luck!

16. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I hope you feel better soon, Tim.

Only because if you're out of action the release might be delayed :p

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

So open beta within the next 19 days? I can live with that :D

18. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Do what you gotta do Tim. Get well and we'll get RF2 when you guys have it ready. By Christmas would be nice, but if it isn't I'm sure it won't be far off anyway.

It's not like I don't have anything to race.....like doing more laps at '75 Watkins.

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Now that's just cold, dude ;)

20. tyrrel

tyrrel Registered

expectation of death, worse than the death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.