Online upload\download

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by chappielike2009, Apr 20, 2014.

1. chappielike2009

chappielike2009 Registered

View attachment 12436

[​IMG]

Can you explain what the upload and download should be set at do i have it correct?.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
  2. Radar

Radar Registered

I run a dedicated server with 2 profiles (at the moment) running both at 3050. It doesn't need much more than this in my honest opinion. in rF1 I had this at 4025 (I think it was).

If you are running the server from those net speeds in your post then I wouldn't be doing 68000. My server runs with 100mb down and 40mb up. Hope these figures help you.

3. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Set download to 8000 set upload to 5000 kbps. Should support over 20 clients. Probably 30. You don't need to give rf2 your whole download bandwidth. 8000 will be plenty since you are limited by your upload speed to about 5-6000 anyway. This still leaves extra for anyone connecting to download any custom content joining your server. If that isn't going to happen, you may as well set both to 5000kbps.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If there is custom content downloadable from the server you're doing it wrong. apart from skins there should be no tracks/mods coming directly from the server.

5. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

True, no tracks or cars just skins I guess. Although I have managed to make mine serve content as well, it is definitely not the correct way to do it!

If I calculated correctly though in answer to the OP 6.15mb up equates to 6297.6kb which would be your total possible upload bandwidth. Set it to less than that otherwise clients will experience lag if you or anyone else try to do anything else through that connection (assuming your server was full of clients at the same time) If it's just you and a few friends you could set 1000kb up and down it would be fine.