Online subscription expired - paid for lifetime sub

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by GTFREAK, Apr 5, 2015.

1. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I must be missing something.

I paid the $85 for the lifetime subscription to rF2, but I logged in today to find out that my online sub has expired.

Do I need to subscribe again? Is this some sort of bug when you haven't logged in for awhile? Did the lifetime sub only apply to beta and not full release?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Assuming you did pay the $85 (not having a go; some people have been confused in the past) it should still apply. So maybe a bug. Probably also find the confirmation you got when buying just to make sure you took the lifetime option.

3. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Yes, I'm sure I paid it. If I open the launcher, click on "multiplayer", it tells me that "Online access for this account has expired". I then click on "Purchase Online Renewal", and it brings me to the web page where I choose which subscription model I'd like to purchase. I choose "Lifetime", and it brings me to the page where I can either make a new account, or sign into my account, I choose to sign in. After signing in, it tells me "A license for rFactor2 has already been purchased for this account. A license can only be purchased once per account." On the right hand side, it says "Total: $84.99", and then underneath that it says "Offering: rFactor2 Lifetime".

I'm assuming it has to do with how long it's been since I logged in. Does anyone know Tim's email? I'll just contact him to see if I can get it resolved.

4. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

5. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

FYI, a black border around your validated icon would mean lifetime. You don't have one.

But I'll take a quick look and check...

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You paid $43.99 2012-01-11 04:47:45 EST

8. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

Thanks, Tim.

Just FYI for the benefit of the thread, the web page I was looking at was actually an order page and not a receipt for past orders. It was my mistake.

Apparently, I had purchased the lifetime sub, but then received a refund, and then later purchased the standard license.

Tim verified this through email. Thanks again, Tim ;-)