online racing is ok

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Pits, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

We had up too and including 23 racing the clio's tonight, server is based down south.
    We had about 10 Euro's in @180 ping to the server with another 10ish a continent away @40-70 and 3 locals, smooth as all week, a lot of T1 carnage (of course). We run no aids as such but the F6 option on and it's needed.

Point of the post is it works just fine at all the tracks so far, we would like 40 plus players but 30 seems the max in the dedicated screen, still all good. Only thing is the sql live monitoring program crashes, a lot but this is nothing to do with RF2. There has been zero lag zero "server moments" and that matters. Please be careful not to go backwards in any future builds, if it's not broke don't touch it.

The server is 100/10 and a 20 minute 10 lap race with 20 players was 275 meg total up/down, with 50 gig limit this doesn't leave a lot of hours but I'm sure enough for many great nights out.

This is all we wanted, RF2 that we can play, the Frame Rates now are fine and smooth with most graphic options on nearly full. No one has mentioned "stuttering" at all. To us call it a beta or whatever, we call it pretty much done, get some drops on the windscreen and wind and it'll just about do. Yes and we can race bumper to bumper literally and still silky smooth (even with the Euros)

Personally I almost can't race RF1 now.

2. isamu

isamu Registered

Have they discussed anything about what their plans are for rF2's online structure? I mean, will it rival iRacings? If it did I would leave iRacing and come to rFactor 2.