Online practise

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by TheMattyOnline, Feb 21, 2017.

1. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Coming from iRacing, one of the things I've missed a lot are the practise sessions.

Sometimes I just want to run laps and practise race craft, especially on unfamiliar tracks/car combos without ruining someone's race. The AI I really good I rFactor 2 but there is nothing like pushing limits along side a real racer.

Are there any clubs / servers that hold just practise sessions that anyone can jump on?

It's really difficult to see what each server is setup for or what car is used etc.

Adrianstealth and bravotangosix like this.
  2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

In our GT league (racerfactor turismos) we race every two weeks. In the mean time the server is unpassworded and available for any driver that wants to practice. Drivers can skip sessions or restart weekend.

The biggest problem we have is content download. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Now it is working. However, if we need to make small incremental updates to track or car including those in the vmod so that they work properly, original content won't be downloaded and updated by the vmod.

Hopefully S397 will improve this soon.

TheMattyOnline likes this.
  3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I found this with rf2 also
    (I'm also from iracing)

When rf2 goes VR I hope to run a practice server maybe over weekends , I'm just hoping by then the lap times remain even after drivers disconnect (I've posted about this previously )

I'm guessing voice chat would be using the steam chat feature ?
    Will test etc when it comes to it

( I only use vr this the wait )

What might be best is to piggy back onto an existing league and run the server with same track as the next league event race

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Our league simracingaustralia is open until official practise 1.5hrs before Qualifying..

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered