Online Multiplayer Lobbys full with AI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Nov 3, 2019.

1. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

Is there any way to see, before entering a lobby, if there are actually real people in there?
    99% of the lobbys with 10+ ''people'' are always filled with AI... it's pretty annoying ;(

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Yes, but no...........whenever the new UI is released..
    Steam's View / Server used to, in a way, indicate AI but that has been useless for a while.

HomieFFM likes this.
  3. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Registered

thank you for the information, I'm new to rF2 and some things are confusing, I can understand why people want a new UI :)

I'm not a big fan of racing against AI in online sessions, that's what single player is made for in my eyes. but yeah, on the other hand if there aren't enough people to fill the lobby... I hope they make it possible to see such lobbys and an option to hide them.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  4. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

It will be a great thing for RF2 if this AI player count thing to got solved! It's been like this a long time now.

GoldenBear, Obbzy_XR_ and HomieFFM like this.
  5. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Hopefully when the new UI comes out S397 can get back to what is most important. Fixing all bugs first in the paid DLC's. Second would be adding a proper transmission/clutch model. Then more cars and tracks but only then.

TJones, HomieFFM and geg like this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

oh no, there is more waiting to be fixed than just some DLC issues and your tranny improvements. It should be a solid two years of updates before they really begin launching into tracks and cars. I would suggest just releasing enough DLC to keep the fridge full and the lights on until most of those grievances are addressed.

GoldenBear likes this.
  7. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I have written a filter that recognises the names of most of the AI and thus reporting the number of human players but it got stuck at the alpha phase.

8. Depco

Depco Registered

Kind of like the new UI and Competition Infrastructure. LOL. I jest. But seriously, rF2 is not good for pick up racing at the moment. If the promise of the competition infrastructure is to be believed, then organized iracing style pick up racing will become something that rFactor 2 does well.

9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

While I don't disagree with your whole post, who's to know if what I quoted isn't the case already?
    I wouldn't imagine "how to spend profits" is on any S397 "to do" list.