Online join lag

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by elbo, Aug 14, 2012.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

I get a really prolonged lag 'a la F1 Challenge' online when other players join. Don't remember it being this obvious in previous builds.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Does sound abit like the setting where your game is not waiting for you to return to the garage to load new cars but instead loads the cars whilst they arive.

Maybe doublecheck the plr file for this

3. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

hmm...i've had this problem since build69, very annoying especially when your in a turn and it happens.

oh...and just to add, the people that have joined do come on track with the temp cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hmmm the players joining will alwase be in temp cars if they come in to the server while your in the 3d world or on track , once you have esc to pits the players data will finish loading on your end and you will see ther real cars ...If your seeing temp cars after they have joined and after you have esc to pits then somthings wrong .. One thing i noticed after doing a fresh install of 101 , The load times were reely long while the track loaded ectt .. Then I found that the Multiplayer.ini bandwidth settings were defalted to ISDN @64k #2 .. I changed this to #4 @256k and load times were back to normal for me , I have cince set the mp.ini to custom and put my real values in , find out more here >http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7053-Build-101-Lag-over-15-Driver

;-)