Online impressions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jonneymendoza, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

Hi. has anyone tried playing online yet? how is it? how many players can play online? same format as rf1 where you can do practice, qualify and a race?

How is the car tweak on this game? can u tweak downforce? change tyres? Is there animated pit crews yet?

2. Stream

Stream Registered

It's similar to rf1.

The pit crews are present, but not animated yet (the poor guy lifting the front of the car is driven through as you exit the pits).

3. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

anyone else tried online yet? lag free?

4. Jani Kankaanpää

Jani Kankaanpää Registered

Just tryed a little, worked well.

5. Gov

Gov Registered

I tried it out and it felt just like rFactor to me as far as netcode is concerned. This isn't bad, but it isn't great either. It definitely could be a lot better ala iRacing.

6. Radar

Radar Registered

I did experience some lag issues (as well as others online) once the numbers got up (around 10 at the time), I suspect someone with a high ping caused the issue but can't confirm this as I couldn't see everyone's ping in the replay (live view).

7. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

I did and a find that they other players car move very jerky. Even with low ping they move and behave very unnatural.
    Open servers are as big a wreckfest as ever but I gues iam a bit spoiled but the other sims online code.

Did some laps on a closed server and had some good fun, really hope car movment is going to be better thoug.

8. gemonic

gemonic Registered

had a fair few races last night onlinel..... mixed reactions.... most likely based on the fact that the servers could be anywhere compared to me (aus).... but generally it was pretty good.... had a lot of practise sessions with around 20 cars and it worked fine.... managed to actually have a race with i think 13 cars.... didnt notice any issues at all

9. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Registered

So the netcode hasnt been revamped?

10. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

it really depends on what servers you go into.. some are very good, and some suck.
    as for choosing a servers as most online server lists have a ping next to the server.
    this way you can join one closer to your home and have a better connection..
    i do see they have a filter, but not in use yet, maybe you will be able to filter servers in your country.?
    or remove empty servers, or full servers, or Password servers.
    but as it is now.. i have joined many servers ranging from 4 to 29 drivers..
    29 drivers and 4 finished, that tells you there are tons of wreckers online.
    so just be ready for a crash fest until people start learning how to drive in rF2..
    or join a League with people you know how they drive..

11. Superbee

Superbee Registered

rF2 has been out for only two days... New physics, New tire model, New Surface model (I guess...), New car behavior... Give it some time... Around 130 drivers online as we speak ...