One of the best Real world on-board videos !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Volume warning

This is what RF5 will be like in 20 years time lol.

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Seen the first vid yesterday, glad the dude got out! (initial upside down car)

3. Jos

Jos Registered

add some head shake and trackir and you got about the same results...

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

The save at 1:05 was epic ( 1st vid )! Had to be a squeeky bum momment for sure. Look also how much that car squirms around under braking, also lots of corrections on entry and exit. Watching stuff like this shows how good rF2 is doing so far.

5. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

These are different to what I have seen used in F1 , http://pivothead.com/

The ones they use or have used for F1 and TV broadcasts are much larger cameras that are mounted into , onto the side or near the helmet. The camera then has a cable that connects it to a box that can broadcast the signal out to track side receivers.

These pivothead shades are worse quality than many other sports cameras largely due to the pore lens and tiny CCD, but what they do represent is a huge leep in the quality of glasses mounted cameras , they are the first ones I have seen that also have a nice design and don't stand out to much as camera glasses.

they are around $350 and output 1080p at 30fps 8GB on-board memory ( I suspect they are natively 720p but up scale to 1080p mind you ).