One lap, top ten qualifying shootout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Mar 21, 2018.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Hello, I am trying to work out how to do a top ten AI shootout, but 1 lap only and taking on turns. Basically like the old F1 quali format (2005 I think), where the drivers have just one lap each to set their best time, but to start their lap they must wait for the precious driver to finish theirs.

Would anyone know if this is possible, and if so how can I have this come to life?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

You have to limit the quali to 3 laps

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I'm not sure if you can make the AI go out one at a time, if there is anything like this maybe it's in the stock car plugin since that's how they qualify in the ovals
    Ah yes when limiting laps it counts out and in laps as well

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think this is possible. It's nearly possible to write a plugin to do this, except that you can't choose when to change the 'Scored' property of a vehicle (that one allows you to determine who can and can't drive in the current session, but the game only asks the plugin at specific times - if you could instead change that at any time, you could enable cars in sequence and have AI/humans come out one by one). Hopefully the game will be able to handle various formats in future, or at least give plugins some more flexibility so we can do it ourselves.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Hack would be Q set to 3 laps and private