On a positive note....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

Was riding the Skippy National on Silverstone International and have to say sometimes.....sometimes when all fits together I just can't believe how good this sim is actually.

Had loads of races the last few weeks with several combos, all well organized leagues/races, and once you just race and race you never think of any bad stuff which people post here and there. There are a few things to sort out still but honestly it's getting a very nice and tight package.
    Hell I would even spend the amount of money I spent for rF2 only on the Skippy/Silverstone International combo if it would be a single package game with this quality.

Keep doing what you are doing, it's gonna be just incredible. It is already IMO.

Good job ISI :cool:

Edit:

Yeah just to add, a big fan of the ISI track team here. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I've done at least one organised online race a week for the last 5 months. Very pleased and think I've got my monies worth already. I won't get lifetime because I don't mind throwing 15 bucks ISI's way every 12 months. One of the few software companies out there without a sketchy marketing department IMO.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Skippy is the Open Wheel car choice this week, with the new Silverstone for this reason! :D Superb combo, eh?

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, ppl always say graphics this, bug that, glitch this, but when it comes to the pure driving/racing (and that's what the purpose of the sim is) I personally believe there is something really special about the ISI engine. I can lap repetitively over and over on my own with no opponents, with the same car and track combo longer without gettin tired/bored in ISI based sims than I can with other engined sims. Tiny details and really, really tiny differences in your throttle/brake/steering inputs mean thst even after literally 3 or 400 laps of hot-lapping the same car/track, every lap, every corner is still a dynamic and fresh experience, it never gets stale due to the deep dynamics and rawness of the physics, this has only been enhanced further with the RF2 physics and tyre model, not to mention "real road" and weather on top of that.

The graphics are getting better and better all the time, and i'm assuming they will continue to do so. The core engine itself is capable of some outstanding visuals. If you've seen some of the devmode custom gfx settings screenshots (in the un-edited screenshots thread) then you'll know what I mean, some jaw dropping potential lies in the RF2 engine. Plus, and this is just a personal thing, I love the overall graphics "style" of ISI, it immerses me more and feels more "real" to me than the typical more modern look of games, even though RF2 might not look as "take a picture, make a video" beautitul as some other games, it just looks more raw and real to me, it sucks me more inside the game making me actually feel like i'm on the track, rather than just feeling like i'm playing some real beautiful video game on my monitor. Funny how the brain works sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  5. cosimo

cosimo Registered

6. Rik

Rik Registered

+12!

7. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I couldn't have said it better myself.

For the reasons why rFactor 2 is the sim I love driving more than any others, you've summed it up perfectly. There's so much depth to the physics and FFB that even just hotlapping alone on track is a pleasure - I never get bored, just occassionally defeated by own lack of talent. Driving on the limit is a relentless experience (as it should be), and that's before I even think about racing other cars - it's one of those sims where you feel as though even a lifetime wouldn't be long enough to master it.

I hope that through all complaining and occassional negative posts the developers still understand just how many people are actually over the moon with what they've created. It's an awesome sim.

8. Golanv

Golanv Registered

...nuf said! Great Sim.

9. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I have the same impression.
    While I do see a long way to go with many features, which seem left unfinished or broken, I appreciate what this sim already is.

To be honest I'm still not satisfied, as rF2 does not offer me the kind of racing experience I was looking for (mostly due to accelerated real road evolution, but some other things get in the way as well). That said, I see no other product on the market that is about to offer this kind of experience anytime soon.

We're just not there yet with any sim on the market.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I agree Szczech. Although for me personally I'd rather use the phrase "hungry for more" rather than "not satisfied". The technicalities of what the engine is capable of (even if things aren't fully implemented yet, un-finished, need polishing, etc) just makes me want more.

I think part of peoples frustration lies in noticing just how deep and technically intrinsic the RF2 engine is capable of while not having the patience to see it all slowly come together. I myself am guilty of this too, although I'd call it "enthusiastically anxious and excited for more in a sightly impatient way" rather than being frustrated.

11. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Thanks for this wonderful sim ISI. Already got my money's worth zillion times over. Have driven just about every day since release as beta. Nothing else is able to compete for my time.
    SW