SOLVED Old version of mod replaces new version

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by viperfanacr, Apr 15, 2017.

1. viperfanacr

viperfanacr Registered

Hello all who read,

I probably shouldn't publicly admit this but, for my own personal private use I created a Super Snake version of the ISI Cobra, just increased the torque and engine brake values.

The issue I am having is that when both the modified version and the original version are both installed, only the original version shows up in game. So, in order to use the Super Snake version I have to delete and uninstall the original version. This bugs me since I would like to race the Super Snake and the S|C cobras side by side but am unable to with this minor hiccup.

I have tried changing the class name and vehicle name in the team .mas files for the Super Snake version, thinking giving a new class name would allow both to be present.

Will anyone not shun me for modifying ISI's work for my own private use, and offer any suggestions?

Thank you

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@viperfanacr Which names did you change? I think you need a new vehicle name (in the .veh), and probably a differently named .veh file at least. Class probably doesn't actually need to be different but neater to be so. Someone who does this more often might be able to offer more.

Modifying for private use shouldn't be an issue. Good way to start playing with modding actually.

*add +trace=3 to your singleplayer command line parameters, and check the trace file. You might find why it's rejecting your car when both are in there.

3. viperfanacr

viperfanacr Registered

You are awesome!! At first I changed the 'classes' and 'category' names in the .veh file. I took your advice and simply changed the name of the .veh file, and now all is well!

This rendition of the super snake around Brianza 10km is 20 seconds faster than the stock cobra with the stock setup for ai. It hits 210 mph on the straight of the oval section. Could probably get even more speed if I create a longer overall drive ratio.

Thanks for the help @Lazza!!

Would you like a go with the Super Snake?

Hazi likes this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sound pretty cool, i wish new how to do things like that . I read alot about even just skinning but just cant get my head around it ,lol .
    What's Super Snake ?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

6. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

How do you change the torque values