Ok where's reverse ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bsmooth, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

Updated to latest build, and everything so far seems to be working well, except for Atlanta being a bit of a stutter issue.
    I'm using a TSW2 wheel and pedal setup and everything works great, except for finding reverse. I can shift up and down, but where I used to be able to shift down to Neutral and reverse, now I can't.
    Any special setting I need to change to get reverse ?

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

maybe you need to hold the clutch in when doing so?

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

press both gear shifters at once, then shift down

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

+1 think i remember that

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Dang, I'll have to give that a try as I'd given up and mapped buttons for neutral and reverse. Or I'd just use the stickshift instead of paddles for reverse.

6. TPG

TPG Registered

Un-map Neutral and Reverse in the Control settings then you should be able to downshift to Neutral>>Reverse.

7. Bsmooth

Bsmooth Registered

I'll try that, but it doesn't make sense to have a shifter that works on your wheel, and downshifting and upshifting work, but not Neutral and reverse. Especially since you didn't have to do that with the original Rfactor and everything worked fine

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Having a Neutral button is handy for me, cause I like not being able to go all the way into Neutral on the paddles. I keep a Neutral button mapped out of sheer fear of changing down one gear too far... Handy in modern F1 cars for example... where you can go from 7th to 1st in 125 meters... 7 clicks down and you're in Neutral unless you have a Neutral button mapped. Never had a problem of not being able to not map a neutral button :) There is nothing worse than exiting the first chicane at Monza in neutral hitting the limiter :D

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

no idea what you're on about, but I simply downshift to Neutral then Reverse in RF2, have done since the first day!

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I think i remember some time ago there was an rf2 build or a certain mod that required me to engage both up and downshifts simultaneously to enable neutral and then i could downshift into reverse.

Or maybe i'm mistaken.

11. TPG

TPG Registered

If you have Neutral & Reverse mapped, when you try to shift into Neutral or Reverse the Game will look for those inputs, If you Un-map them the Game will follow the downshifting pattern and continue the sequence to Neutral then Reverse.

Go look at your rF1 control settings, you'll probably find Neutral & Reverse Un-mapped..for some reason rF2 maps Neutral & Reverse by default.

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Dr. I think if your driving in auto shift you have to do that to get reverse . When my 12 year old daughter drives she uses auto and worked it out lol.

13. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Using auto clutch, there were times I didn't have neutral and revers with shifter. It was because some gears came auto mapped. Clear all mapped gears and it will work.