Offline: save between sessions & Championship Tool

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by UOPshadow, Jan 14, 2012.

1. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

Hello ISI. Thank you for the open Beta and I have to say you did a great job so far.

I know everybody is playing online these days, but I suppose there is a considerable amount of players which want to play offline.

SAVING

First off I would like to if it will be possible in the future that we can save between sessions on a race weekend in the future. Say I have finished Qualifying and don't have time to race now - can save then in the future? That would be enough. Of course I dream of the possibility to save after starting a race and come back later to finish it.

CHAMPIONSHIP TOOL

I really like to simulate and play historic seasons. For that reason it would be very nice to have a fully fledged Championship Tool with the following functions:

- not only do I want to select every track in the correct order, I want also to configure the lenght of each race.
    - I want to select the AI for each race. You know that e.g. in formula one not always the same drivers appeared on a Grand Prix, hell not even the teams were consistent over the whole of a season. I want to replay these seasons in full detail - the MODs deliver usually the data, but there's no way to make a complete season package out of it (only GPC1979 tried this, but they had to make compromises). Right now I have to fiddle with seperate racing days and write (!) down the results like in the old days. It's the year 2012 and I think it's possible to have a more comfortable solution.
    - more statistics please. I want to review every race and see in which order everybody qualified, see the fastet lap, maybe even a chart where I can see on which place in which round a driver was. Oh I'm dreaming, I know.
    - for Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 1 or 2 I had a great little addon, where I could configure the seasons andnot only that. It had even a spreadsheet where I could configure the strength of each and every AI driver (actually I dould place them from pklace 1 till 26 and the software automatically made the first driverthe best and the last the slowest). Right now I have to fiddle with a lot of text files from each driver and each team, to adjust everything to my liking. I mean this was a tool written for the AMIGA, I hope something equal is possible for a PC game in this day and age.

I know rf2 is a Beta, but I already love it and I shudder to think to be left behind again, because I have a different approach to this game. But honestly I think these functions would benefit a lot of players - online or offline.

And that's about it. These are my dreams for the perfect rfactor2-game. And if anybody else is interested (Moders or prgramers): I would pay good money for such a tool.

Thanks for reading.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I'd like to see some system like GTR2 has with the GTR2 Championship Manager mod. It lets you create a season and you can customize each race- not the cookie cutter approach like with Race 07.

When the rFactr2 Championship Manager does come out, it really does need for us to be able to set each race individually. that way we can run a season like V8 Supercars where they have Endurance races, sprint races and medium length races all mixed up. And we need to be able to set either laps or time or a combo of both (like IndyCar has)

Also: Be able to set grid position according to last race results, reverse grid or quali.

3. BootlegMasu

BootlegMasu Registered

At last - someone else thinking about the save between sessions.
    I too like to create a sense of immersion offline by attempting various methods to create seasons and also linked year-on-year careers for various driver types. Online is great but sometimes dodgy connections, over-zealous drivers not racing with the usual etiquette and the phantom high ping glitch with windows 7 getting you kicked out a race does not hold the same appeal. Yes, I know there are leagues but I'm not ready for these yet.
    Any improvement in-game to the career mode would be most appreciated, hopefully then an immersive simulation giving another sellable angle to the appreciation of the game.

4. UOPshadow

UOPshadow Registered

There's one in the making? That would be great. Right now I would be happy with anything resembling something that's worthy of the name "Championship Manager" which lets you create more than a list of tracks.

Your ideas sound interesting though, I would like that.

Absolutely, a quick search about AI and rfactor1 reveales that many people tried this over the years and got frustrated with it. I myself fiddle with the AI (AIWsm various files) until I get it right, it usually takes some days to make everything ready for racing. As somebody who works a lot this not really a pleasure to do. And I really don't have the time or will to go online for my fix. Neither am I probably good enough.

I think the Offline Racers are somewhat underrespresented, because we are not as vocal as the Online-Racers on the forums.

There's hope ISI will build rfactor2 for every customer.

5. DavidG

DavidG Registered

In game saving is essential for me. Not just because I don’t always have the time to run a whole weekend, but because I also have problems with my legs which mean I need to limit the time I spend racing. Being able to save between sessions and come back and complete an event later is very important. I would also like to be able to save in-session, so that I can run long races over a number of days (as you can do in GTR2; although, as they never fixed the daylight acceleration bug, it’s of limited use).

A custom championship creator is also very high on my wish list. Something like the GTR2 add-on would be great, with the added ability to mix race/qualifying types. We also need more qualifying options overall.

6. Nuno Dias

Nuno Dias Registered

In my case it is the wife and my back, it makes a whole weekend racing to be impossible in one try.

7. DriverN1

DriverN1 Registered

completely agree! I don't like online because of aliens who race approximately 6-10 hours every day and there's no sense for me to race with them.. I have no so much time for sim-racing and I can not plan my time for every race in online-leagues. So I prefer offline, it's much better for me.
    But good offline racing needs good AI and championship manager. It's impossible to have in rF1 because AI in rF1 are completely suck.
    I'd like good and intelligent AI so as I could have close racing with 20-30 laps without fear of AI ramming

8. kyukyu

kyukyu Registered

Agree with that, too.
    This game has such an extent of great features like day/night transitions, weather transitions, dynamic track conditions, that really make you want to play for long races. Unless one has the whole day free, a savegame option is absolutely needed!

9. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Save Between Sessions and possibly a Save During Session/Race is one of the biggest Wishes I have!

so eerrr +1 or something ;)

11. hdj

hdj Registered

yes absolutely!

A must, plus a good ai tweaker option would be nice.

12. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

I'd like some kind of off-line championship feature as in GTL. Would make a big difference in the off-line appeal and longevity IMO. Also just some acknowledgement that you've won a race rather than just being rear ended by the AI as you try to lead them into the pits afterwards as it is now. :D

13. Chopslide

Chopslide Registered

++1 for all the above ai management needs to be possible by the average user not the programer
    and a actual season that worked would be great

14. CarlitoQC

CarlitoQC Registered

I like what ISI have made sim-wise so far but it is weird they have not yet added any championship features... even for rFactor 1. This is simple stuff with all the interface already in place. I guess saving option wouldn't be too long to add also. Hoping ISI will complete the 'game' this time compare to rF1. I understand they are a small company but still I'm expecting more from them this time, can't believe they don't have way more resources this time after all the success rF1 got. Final release with such a rough interface would be a fail of some sort for this anticipated release.

Enough complaining, great job so far!