Offline championship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samurai7, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Samurai7

Samurai7 Registered

Can somebody from ISI clarify please.
    1) Will rF2 have offline championship or series capability (available currently in original rF)?
    2) Will rF2 have offline championship builder (not available currently in original rF but available as standalone application)?

I think this function is very important. Because sizeable chunk of rF users, like myself, do not care much about online racing but love rF's offline mode.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  2. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Agreed mate

Lets hope they do something better than rf1

3. taufikp

taufikp Registered

+1 that :D

I still remember that I really love to recreate classic F1 race using F1C. The number of F1 mods were also amazing, and F1C ability to recreate classic races (by creating predefined script/scenario) is quite legendary.

Another factor that would add the satisfaction level in Single Player mode is the sense of achievement. With rFactor 1, there is no sense of achievement at all. Very sterile and cold. Older titles such as GPL, GrandPrix series, even F1C, all can give a better sense of accomplishment/achievement.

Hopefully rFactor 2 could bring more joy into Single Player mode.

4. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

I like too the offline tournaments. For example, I enjoyed a lot with single GTR2 with their careers and championships, 24 hours Spa, Montmelo ... etc. .

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

+2

Single Player in RF1 is very irritating. After hours, days and years trying to tweak, I simply quit.

1. Almost impossible to manage *.RCD *.DMG *.INI *.PLR and thousand of files in order to have a decent number of cars running untill the final of race. You either have no retirements at all or 100% of AI cars with mechanical failures. It's fantastic how could exist so many Mods (including 24h GTs and Prototypes) with stupidly short engine life time and its std. deviation.

2. If you take a miracle by escaping from issue#1, probably you'll be struggled to manage crap AIW track files. To find a track with decent AIW is a second miracle. Cars going through the walls, braking in the middle of the straight, running out of fuel (wrong fuel usage in AIW) and so forth.

3. If you achieve miracles 1 and 2, probably you not able to have a good race offline yet: tons of Mods have wrong HDV AI Physics parameters. Even a good AIW file, some cars keep going out of the track all the time, spinning and driving like ****. Probably you'll have to tweak HDV car's files too. This single line is enough to destroy the fun
    Code:
    AIAimSpeedsPerWP=(30.0, 54.0, 68.0, 82.0, 100.0, 120.0, 150.0, 185.0)
    More than that, you must give a good setup to AI cars as well in their correct folders. They're mentally retard enough to ruin their races with insane strategies.

4. After months of Notepading, maybe you finally able to have a working offline championship series. But you're still not good: you have to tweak PLR file because AI cars simply don't see you on the track. The drive like a bunch of pissed of Ray Charles . AI just hit you car all the time by side, rear, etc. You have to choose from an AI which will never overtake you to a dumbass one that try to wreck your car each curve.

For some people, human leagues are not possible. If you dont have time to practise, you better don't go ruin online racing. I hope ISI consider that in RF2 and create a decent AI system.

GTR2 is a good example how bad coded Rfactor 1 AI was. Same engine, with some quick adjustments you're able to have a nice offline experience in GTR2.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  6. Joshua Healy

Joshua Healy Registered

I've had some great fun in GTR2 and the Race series championships (I have Evo and Injection). Championship modes in my opinion are the pinicle of single player racing and are almost essential to a proper offline experience.

Any system that lets you choose what tracks and cars are in the championship would be much appreciated :)

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I just wanted to check in and see if anyone is having luck with offline championships ; manual or using external tools? Also, I believe I read somewhere (can't find it, though) that one of the problems is inconsistancy of AI drivers from race to race or something like that which would present a problem?

Anyway, if anyone is having success I would love to hear how you are going about it or any tips you have for me. Many thanks in advance.

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I was toying with the idea to set up a basic excel score sheet... Problem indeed could be that most AI is "equal strength" so they each take wins and thus spread the points too much.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Use the attached program, I had this for rF1 years ago and managed to find it again the other month on an old HD. Thankfully it seems to work very well with RF2, not found any showstopping issues just yet but give it a try and see for yourself.

View attachment 3.0.3.5.rar

EDIT: hope it's ok to post it, I did ask about this tool ages ago in an old thread (before I re-found it!) and apparently they no longer exist or something.

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Looks interesting. Is this meant to read results from the game log after a race?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yes, qualifying too

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Is there a primer somewhere how to set up?

13. doug484

doug484 Registered

This question has been answered a few times, but I think it is good let them know our desire for offline championships is persistent.

14. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

We used to be able to tweak the GPL championships, that was fun! I loved the GPL offline World Championship.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

it's fairly simple and self-explanatory, just make up a mock championship and you'll soon see how it works.

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This util is so awesome it deserves a bump. Works great, thank you

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Anyone willing to bandicam setting up and using this tool for a championship? Appears to be a major PITA.