Offical word on triple screen support?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pax, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Pax

Pax Registered

Hello All,

since many of us now have a triple screen setup, it is vital that it is supported properly by rFactor2, with sufficient frame rates.

I did a search just now, and was a bit surprised not to find much on the topic, and zero from ISI on the support of it. So, how does ISI view this?

2. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

While many people do have tripple screens I would say it would be very much the minority. ISI have only scratched the surface regarding gameplay and online support so it's hardly suprising nothings been mentioned.

Frame rates will take a large hit whatever the game as your GFX card is doing alot more work. If you can afford tripple screens you can afford a fast PC In my opinion.

3. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

As far as i am concern i already made my upgrade to drive/race on eyefinity max out, HD 6990 is on the way to my computer.... i own a 5870 but i´m affraid she´s getting old..... :D

I want to enjoy RF2 in is maximum beauty and splendor!!

Will RF2 support multiple GPU´s like 6990?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm sure someone from ISI said the multi-screen support was 'improved' in rF2, and more would be done. Bear in mind this could be buried in a thread somewhere. (possibly Zeos' low FOV thread, but there are a few along a similar theme so hard to say)

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Quoted from above link:
    "Has triple screens support been improved?
    Yes. We now also support nVidia 3D vision and virtual screen angles can be adjusted."

Hoot. I was fairly happy with the 'multiview' option in rF1 but now with adjustable screen angles it will be even better.
    Thanks ISI.

Unfortunately, as I'm sure you are aware, a lot of people these days don't want to do any foot work for themselves to find their answers.
    In defence for Pax, that Q&A is not on the forums, as far as I know or if it is it's well and truly buried, and so I feel this thread is valid.

7. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

I made this thread recently:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/819-Render-3-Screens-independtly

I have written not only ISI, but Simbin and SMS on this very topic with the intention that they give close attention to three screen support, and do it in a meaningful and effective manner. While there is a degree of support for three screens in rF1, the ability to make easy adjustments is just not there. Hopefully, rF2 will give us the ability to easily make all the FOV changes we'd want.

d

Edited to add some information:

Assuredly, there are those here who hate iRacing, but love it or hate it, they simply cannot be beat when it comes to setting up three screens. All you need to do is enter your monitors' horizontal visible width, their horizontal width including the bezels, their angles relative to the middle one and your eyepoint distance. From there, the FOV is calculated, and your view is excellent. If you've seen it yourself, you'll know that it's very good (with a couple of minor improvements needed). If you haven't, then you should. :)

Live for Speed also does an excellent job at giving the driver a substantial amount of control over FOV and bezel compensation. They use sliders in the menu and changes are made in real time. Both should be seen by ISI as models to emulate.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
  8. STRZ

STRZ Registered

I just registered because there are some questions i need to get answered before a possible purchase.

Will it be possible in RF2 to blend the real cockpit with the virtual car like you see in the following videos with RF pro?

Not sure about iRracing because its limited to cockpit view. Don't know if "noseview" like in the videos above is possible with the Iracing FOV settings, i highly doubt it because i haven't seen examples yet. Maybe you can tell me by PM Derek.

For me its a deciding factor, why build a immersive simracing rig, sitting in a real cockpit replica and have the cockpit displayed on the screen as well or be unable to blend it like it should be done?

9. Pax

Pax Registered

Ah, there you go - excellent, thanks!
    Good, now let's see if it is also usable or if we will chug along at 50 FPS + stutters also on a fast machine ;-) If so, rF2 is not usable at all I'm afraid...

I have not followed rF2 much before, but now close to beta release it is very relevant and interesting. I actually had a quite thorough look through the threads I could find on the multi monitor topic (and I browsed through your tread there Derek), but did not spot any to the point info.

10. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I Racing is the devil Derek, do not mention it again here......I joke of course but I would rather have a technically shakey game with a soul than a technically perfect cash machine on wheels ala I Racing. I tried it for about 3 weeks and I have never been so bored in my life, the most unwelcoming community I've ever come across, but lets not get into that here.

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

You can do that already in rF 1 so I'm sure it will be possible too in rF 2.

12. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

The funny thing is the iRacing solution was the result of a forum discussion in which a few of us pointed out just how the rfactor multiview option was the best at the time and we wanted something similar. iRacing went one better. There should be no harm in discussing features we find appealing in a constructive manner, we hardly have the market flooded with racing sims after all...

13. TonyRickard

TonyRickard Registered

rFactor 1 had almost limitless adjustability with camera options, a flexibility I do not believe possible with iRacing.

14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

So why even make the post?:rolleyes:

15. Matt Bradley

Matt Bradley Registered

I will be happy so long as it works with softTH, which is what im using now with rfactor and many other games, great job. Can't see why it wouldn't work with rfactor 2, as far as i know their still using directx 9.