Offering data for two cars to a modder

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Rich Goodwin, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hi guys.

One of the members of my website races in real life. He would dearly love the cars he drives to be in the sim. I could have at least done the modelling but due to real life work and website/admin commitments with Pitlanes.com I simply do not have the time.

So this is an open invitation to any modder who would like a project with any data they may require and we would endeavour to provide anything they need.

The vehicles are a 2011 Ginetta G50 GT4
    [​IMG]

And a 1989 BMW E30 320i production BMW
    [​IMG]

There is no time frame on this. Just simply throwing this out there to see if any modders fancied having a go at creating them. I asked Tim but unfortunately (and awesomely) ISI have a very long list of vehicles already in the pipeline meaning these vehicles could not be created for a very, very long time, if ever.

For more information on the driver, Gary Feakins, please check out his Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/garyfeakinsracing?fref=ts

If anyone is interested either say below or email me at rich@pitlanes.com. I've no idea what would be required on the physics side of things so you'd have to tell me. But images to work from for modelling we could take many of I'm sure. Plus anything else you may need.

Hope someone is interested!

As an aside, he is also always looking for sponsorship as he races out of his own pocket on a shoe string budget. So if you're interested in that kind of partnership please contact us also.

Rich

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

please someone take the E30, rF2 needs.. rF2 needs a lot

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

a very kind offer, I hope someone can help!

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Any sim will do a BMW because data is available from many sources. The Ginetta, now that's unique and not so common!

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

TAKE THAT GINETTA!
    There were two nice ones being made for AC but work stopped on v.55, if someone could pick up where that was left off...

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Just as an aside I/we are not aware of what data a modder(s) would need for physics or modelling. Gary has complete access to both vehicles so should anyone be interested, a comprehensive list of required data would be awesome.

He also works for caterham as a driver coach. I could see if he gets the same kind of access to those vehicles to provide data for too.

If any of you know any modders, point them in this direction :)

7. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

In addition, if someone well versed in google-fu, they can find the G40,50,55 Build Manuals. Should be enough to model with (G50 page 17), And some helpful bits for Physics.

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  9. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I've no clue of the history of this mod from rF1. But it's a E30.
    And it could be a starting point. If the original modder is still active.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered