Odd RealRoad race groove problem (rF1 conversion)

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Jorgen, Dec 19, 2012.

1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

And in KartPRO it is possible to simulate long tracks and they will work as small, exact work of RealRoad. Simply I don't know technology. But when modeling, the way where exactly there is brought this system works.

2. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

This offer. To refuse VertexPainter work.
    The pink layer, is long texture on all road.
    Brake traces on a surface - print on texture, Green color (dirt), blue color (water), dynamic mixture of these flowers by wheels, are smeared, the live road turns out.
    RealRoad works at this principle in MXvsATV, but there work of construction of a track, other.
    This idea, I think it would be possible to think and develop. I she viable hope.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

I find this a very interesting answer. Since driving the marussia on Malaysia 1.4 I feel it is easier to control. Could this have to to with the road mesh being of a higher resolution so a tyre "finds" the grip in a more gradual way?

4. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

No, the mesh density for Malaysia wasn't increased. Lime Rock Park uses a denser mesh and the grip should be a bit more gradual, but also a bit tighter around the groove. If anything, driving on a denser mesh could be trickier, but not by much. I doubt you'd be able to feel that subtle difference, but there would indeed be a difference.

I do think the surface parameters for Malaysia were slightly tweaked and I believe overal grip was increased marginally. Again, nothing you will feel straight away, but all subtleties help :) .

And I still think using texture painting comes at a very high cost, plus those maps would have to be transferred between all clients and continuously updated at the same time. I just can't see a practical way to make it work AND talk to the physics bidirectionally AND share it between all clients.
    There are other ways to improve the look of the current implementation of RealRoad though. I've got a few ideas I'd like to try at some point in the future :) .

5. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Other counter offer.
    To leave VertexPaint system, but тестура by Racegrouw monophonic gray. And traces of braking from tires to increase length 50-100 times.
    [​IMG]

6. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered