Oculus rift S // get a SMOOTH experience, with graphics that are not set extremely low

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DrivingFast, May 22, 2019.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Oculus rift S.

I can not get a SMOOTH experience, with graphics that are not set extremely low.

If you have a hardware "relatively" similar to mine, can you give me the precise graphic settings that you use (ingame, post process, AA, nvidia inspector or nvidia control panel, steamVR supersampling) ?

I don't succeed to have a SMOOTH experience or a good image quality.

Sincerely, already that I'm not yet used to VR, but I can not find acceptable settings.

The SMOOTH is nevertheless more important than the graphic quality of course, but I dont want to have Playstation 2 graphics.

My Hardware :

- 4770K not OC
    - GTX 1080 slightly OC
    - 16GB DDR3
    - SSD
    - Oculus Rift S

Thank you !

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    felixfight likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll jump in and point out that the old 'rF2 uses 2-and-a-bit cores, single core performance is crucial, old cpus are fine' may change a bit with VR. It's much more demanding on cpu. But I hope someone can help or at least give you realistic performance to expect.

DrivingFast and The Iron Wolf like this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Which graphical settings do you recommend to lower IN PRIORITY in VR ?

Thank you.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know. But maybe if you create another 300 threads you'll work it out.

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Except that the questions I'm asking are relevant, and their answers are likely to help many other users.

6. felixfight

felixfight Registered

I really recommend the Oculus Tray Tool(OTT) which allows you to tweak and test for your own best video setting. And there are a lot guide of that app(OTT) on youtube. Following are my settings in rf2 and set super sampling at 1.4 in OTT. My ingame FPS is around 60-80 depends on the track which is pretty smooth for me. I'm using an old alienware X51 R3 with nvidia 1660ti upgrade which on paper is a less powerful desktop than yours, so in theory, you should have smooth experience too.
    IMG_8831.PNG
    IMG_8834.PNG

Attached Files:

svictor likes this.