Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian

Adrian Registered

You can use obs to clone the rift to your monitor btw. It makes everything sooo much easier :)

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

looking at the options in LFS they seem pretty good at visual options, 3d red-cyan specs, side by side, interlaced
    this was in there before the rift showed up, so some of the work was perhaps already done + their 3d/visual experience seems very good.

yes I think Iracing might be next , next build due 21 October (I'll be in the Far East for 5 weeks! )-: )
    they are tinkering with it now

agreed it would have been a massive promotion for GSC2013

was online in LFS before my friends showed up earlier for about 2hrs , I could tell which other drivers were usings rifts as they were the ones looking back at me when we were side by side with our heads flicking forward & back again as we were getting closer to the corner! totally brilliant.

3. DarrenM

DarrenM Registered

Red-cyan mode was added a couple months ago. The other 3D modes were added at the same time he did DK1 support last year.

I used OBS sometimes with Assetto and it's ok but having to lift up your headset all the time sucks after a while. Especially when you're working on a setup.

4. Rik

Rik Registered

3D projector with trackir? Thanks for sharing your experience.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Half life 2 now has support -was great back then & also a good demo now of VR
    Resolution looks totally fine

I'll reeved up for some lfs online tonight & might be a late one!

Just a case of making best use of what's compatible for now & having a serious blast in the meantime !

6. JarkkoR

JarkkoR Registered

rF2 has 3D support so one major thing is done. Rest is peace of cake trust me :) So couple weeks tops for beta patch with DK2 support but they just need to start work on it...

7. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Titans of Space is DK2 compatible now too (even works with direct mode).

That might be the coolest demo to give. Just a chilled, Carl Sagan-esque tour of our solar system.

8. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

This is good :)
    Reiza ...............We have ordered a kit and should start working on something as soon as we get it, hopefully it can be done for both GSC as well as FTruck

9. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Oh, snap!

I wish Oculus knew this was a priority developer they needed to fast track. Just like I'm dying to play the rF2 combo of Brabham and 67 Monaco, I can't wait to play the Senna Mclaren/Honda and classic Interlagos in GSC:E.

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re. GSC2013 thanks for info !

Would be great if swift support comes for that too, I have it on my HD but never really got into it but if dk2 support .... I'm there !!!

Meanwhile about 8 of 15 people that have had a demo around my house have ordered a dk2 ! & most of them have already downloaded LFS to be ready
    They were never that interested before lol

Never had such a substantial upgrade as I have with this device!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

PaulG -I might need your guidance on GSC ! (Mods etc .....when compatibility comes!)

12. PaulG

PaulG Registered

No problem. It's a great game and I'm happy to evangelize/help anyone who's interested in it.

Sounds like they might have just ordered it today? So it might be a couple months wait.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Damn, if it increases LFS sales that much, imagine rF2. ISI needs to get that Rift coding added in ASAP.

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

well deserved :

[​IMG]

15. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

would be stupid not to add support for the most important peripherals recent years. But ISI is not a company with a lot of intelligence.

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

in about another month there could be another 20 to 30 various titles supported, so that initial opportunity will be sadly missed,
    of course there's ongoing importance but it seems to ISI its a "no rush" situation.
    I think Iracing will release dk2 support 15th October , with luck before

I think with rf2 it's a case of 3rd party plugin support
    (with the dreaded plugin delay which will compliment you with 15 seconds of sickness unless you keep your head totally still or lift your headset every time you reset the car)

or nothing

as a result I'm sad to say I'm less excited about rf2 becoming VR compatible
    as don't think I'll bother with a plug in support & the dreaded plug in delay saga further being amplified on my setup (as well as my vibration / motion delays )

p.s gsc2013 just released a few more tracks + a 2014 f1 with some current features,
    hope they hurry with support !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  17. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

it would be very sad, rF2 (as reference in simracing) must be the reference in the VR simracing (not PCars, AC, iR or LFS).

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I hope they don't so I don't have to see Mr. Judge around here anymore. :D

19. JarkkoR

JarkkoR Registered

I hope this comment from Tim Wheatley do not hold anymore ---> "Like with any hardware like that, we'd need one to do it, and emails to them went unreturned. If you have pre-ordered one, feel free to ask them to communicate with me: timw@imagespaceinc.com, because I'm done. "

ISI only need to order DK2 and make this happen like other devs do...OK some BIG names get special treatment but basically you order DK2 and make support for it. Maybe some of us send DK2 to them ;)

20. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

LFS I have but this track and game pCars will be my first choice , a soon as DK2 arrives

http://youtu.be/sXemMb4lUlc

Love his reaction at end of vid :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.