Released October Release Candidate Now Live!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 17, 2022.

1. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Same issue with sounds fading

2. Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd Registered

I also love the M2 and I noticed recently, after not having driven it for a while, that it had a significant update to the engine sound (and possibly some changes on the setup screen, can't quite remember) and was really surprised that it didn't seem to get a mention anywhere on the forum.

memoNo1 likes this.
  3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yes, the sound is very immersive.

4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Well, had one heck of a race at Brands in the GTE's with the A.I. in changing weather, just awsome! But, take em to Le Mans at the same skill level and its a walk over, because as soon at they catch up to the next car in their slipstream, they brake, rather than pull out and over take, so you just go sailing by, all the time, almost like you're the only car running the Le mans aero package, but you're not.

Pales and memoNo1 like this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Hmm sad to hear that.

6. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Hopefully this will be a simple fix, GTE, actually multi class racing at Le Mans is my favourite thing.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think it's fair to say it's not a simple fix. The throttle/brake behaviour also wasn't simple, they've reworked a lot of AI code (rather than simply regressing to what used to be there, which had its own issues). Maybe we can hope the work they've already done will help with things like slipstreaming, though 'racing' logic is a bit different to 'racing line' logic.

jayarrbee36, atomed and memoNo1 like this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yeah hopefully

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Btw, just incase its not been mentioned before:

IMPORTANT: What ever you do, once you have selected and downloaded release candidate, immediately do a file integrity check through steam, you should find you will have about 8 files or more re-accuated, do this or there will be the odd issue. Loving what they've done with the A.I.!

I posted this on RD and immediately had folks getting back to me saying they'd had exactly 8 files re-accuated, as did my mate Pete when I phoned him about the update. Dunno what the 8 files are, just thought it may be worth mentioning!

Emery and memoNo1 like this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Give it tonight a try buddy

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Worth doing as it does seem to effect weather the A.I. work as they now should do. Could also be to do with mod packages and server as most of my mods in the MAS exe show up as damaged when im on the RC build now. Dunno, could be wrong, but hey ho!

memoNo1 likes this.
  12. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Just had a couple of practice sessions at Brands in the Minis, WOW what an improvement in the AI behaviour the immersion killing brake and throttle application by the AI is totally gone, SO much better. I hope you can sort out the other issues highlighted above but this is great. Will try to get a race in tonight.

memoNo1 and Rui Santos like this.
  13. Danny Vincent

Danny Vincent Registered

If I try to launch a practice session with either of the Ligier LMPs the game hard crashes with wheel spinning violently, the only way to get out is to reboot the PC. This happening to anyone else? Oreca, GT3 and GTE all seem to be fine

Zsolt Monostori likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Big Rookie MISTAKE on my part. I tested the Ligier's at a track I wasn't familiar with, one I'm sure I hadn't loaded before. When I revisited the JSP 217 at a track I know worked & after deleting the car folder in the installed\vehicles folder, then the car loaded and drove correctly.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    Zsolt Monostori likes this.
  15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Both Ligiers load for me but had for each car a grey loading screen at first load. Had to quit RF2 via taskmanager.

16. Zsolt Monostori

Zsolt Monostori Registered

I just reported the same issue. I used the LMP2 Ligier on the Le Mans 24 (2022) course and as soon as my car loaded into the garage, I experienced the exact same violent wheel turning, and then shaking as if the wheel wanted to continue its spin. I had to restart my PC to calm things down. It only involves the beta version, not the stable one. I also had issues on the Indianapolis road course with the "default" Dallara, where the physical steering wheel was not in sync with the virtual one, leading to an uncontrollable car.

UPDATE:
    Tested multiple times, the Ligier LMP2 results in this behaviour 100% of the time on my system. Interestingly, the Ligier 320 (LMP3) seems to work fine.

UPDATE #2
    For testing sake, I quickly purchased the Oreca LMP2. In the first attempt, it worked fine Launching another race, however, resulted in the aforementioned issue. So it seems not to be limited to the Ligier.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
    delapecs likes this.
  17. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It's know, and is being worked fixed right now.

r00b Driver, MikeV710, Lars and 6 others like this.
  18. Zsolt Monostori

Zsolt Monostori Registered

Thank you for the confirmation!

19. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

those of you with bugs, validate after the update
    upload_2022-10-20_5-49-35.png

20. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

The BMW Class 1 AI cars cannot make it around Sebring anymore, just did a race and gave up after lap 5, every lap from start they all bunch up and crash at the final turn
    Lap 1
    upload_2022-10-20_6-9-32.png
    lap2
    upload_2022-10-20_6-13-36.png
    lap3
    upload_2022-10-20_6-14-37.png
    Lap4
    upload_2022-10-20_6-15-23.png
    etc.