Occulus Rift Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jul 14, 2017.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Christopher posted a tweet about the Occulus Rift & their Touch hand thingies being on sale. Does rF2 require anything more than those two items to run VR? (assuming I have a computer capable of VR)

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You don't need the touch for RF2 but they could come in handy for other games.
    What's your specs?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Intel I7-6700, MSI R480 8m, MSI Z170A Gaming MS, 16G ddr memory. Win10x64

4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

For VR, primary limiting factor is processor. You have great processor Dave, you're all set in terms of PC. One caveat I am not 100% R480 supports ASW, maybe someone with AMD video card could chime in? But even without ASW support, you should get clean 45FPS with such a processor.
    As Marc says, touch isn't needed for rF2, but second camera improves tracking slightly.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    MarcG likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yep you're fine with that those specs :)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The funny thing about my system, except for a couple of really old harddrives, my cpu score was the lowest in my system from some benchmark site. (don't even remember where it was...probably I saw it mentioned on one of the DX11 threads and went to check it out. Video and Memory were better than average, but the cpu was down at something like the bottom 20%. My hunch was the benchmarking firm wanted to sell me a new cpu. But that was only a hunch. The Occulus may be off for another reason...my PETS know how to read, because whenever I post about a possible purchase, one of them goes sick and takes up all my sim budgets