Nvidia 3D - Very Bad Performance and Slowdown

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ho3n3r, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

My framerate is between 200(start) and about 420 with my current settings, which are already quite low. That should roughly translate to 100(start) and 210 with Nvidia 3D activated. But instead, in this certain scenario, it goes down to 48-49 at the start, with exactly the same settings.

Now, I would probably be able to look past that if it was at the start, normally, but because it's below 60FPS - actually about 68FPS, the game slows down massively - anybody who ever played GP2/3/4 would know the sensation, it's the same as in those games when the CPU occupancy went above 100%.

Does anybody else have a solution for me? I turned everything to low/off, then it barely makes it above 70 at the start, but then it looks very horrible, with the track being cut off, stands not available anymore etc. I'm not one for graphics at all, but rather gameplay, and I've always said I don't care if it looks like rFactor 1 if the gameplay is solid. Even I have my limits, though.

So any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Oh, and I already have all reflections and shadow settings set to Off, as well as HDR being disabled, as I always play this way anyway.

2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Turns out it's only the Shanghai track where I get the slowdowns - on other tracks this doesn't happen with the same mod and similar FPS.

Still no idea why my 3D is performing so atrociously though, as stated above.

3. delapecs

delapecs Registered

+1
    I have slowdows in nords too