Next gen Nvidia 30xx series / BIG Navi ...who’s in ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

RTX 3070 $499
    (claimed to be about on par with 2080Ti )

RTX 3080 $699
    ( much more powerful than 2080Ti )

RTX 3090 $1499
    (claimed to be more powerful than the entire universe & size of a washing machine)

At last & at least specification wise vs previous releases -this is a release that has my interest for the 1st time In about a decade

Benchmark comparisons should be online within the next week or two

as a VR user I’ll be grabbing a 3080

atomed likes this.
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

Looks like quite an interesting release for a change. I'd wait until I see someone testing these cards with actual racing sims, as unfortunately most hardware reviewers don't do that and racing sims are usually less GPU and more CPU intense than latest AAA titles that are optimized for DX12, ray tracing, etc. Digital Foundry has done a comparison that showed impressive performance numbers, but that was only running with 4K, so I'll at least wait until more reviews are out as the early performance figures probably emphasize DLSS and ray tracing performance.

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I'm not interested in a 30XX, but possibly a used 2080 TI around 350 euros if possible.

In fact, the prices of the 2080 TI will drop drastically IMO because of RTX 3070.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  4. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

This is definitely a great release from NVidia. Worth the upgrade to a 3080 or 3070 if you have a 10xx series card or less. Should help take full advantage of rF2 if you have triples, high res screens or VR headset. AMD will be releasing new cards in October as well. I will wait until probably the end of the year or early new year until the dust settles and we have performance reviews for Nvidia and AMD cards.

atomed and Adrianstealth like this.
  5. Magus

Magus Registered

For sure! I have my eye on a 3080 so I can bump up graphics options in VR for rF2/AMS2 and maybe finally be able to play ACC.

bravotangosix and Adrianstealth like this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

The release of 30 series and its price means that many will probably be able to afford used 20 series card.

I am looking forward for low enough prices and checking how much my CPU would be bottlenecking them and if my power supply would be enough.

Will be able to do much better and faster rendering with blender and play rF2 at better more stable performance all around with better settings !

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

2-series cards price will tumble for sure

I’m without a PC right now & hoping to build one for winter but I’ll wait until after the mad rush is over + benchmarks & release of AMD cards but I do think a 3080 is on top for me right now

think hardware has lagged behind software for about the last 10 years , with VR & multiscreen monitor setups been popular now this is overdue

Exciting times

atomed likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Kinda a Nvidia question more than the 30xx cards, but I an AMD card and a freesync monitor. Nvidia uses Gsync. Will the monitor work with Nvidia or am I locked into AMD?

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Found this :

“You can successfully run G-Sync on a FreeSync monitor if it's on Nvidia's approved list. You'll have to give up HDR and overdrive to do so, but it works fine otherwise. We had no issues during our testing”

davehenrie likes this.
  10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Personally I will be waiting for reviews by Tech Yes City and Gamers Nexus on both the Nvidia and AMD cards before I make a decision, I want real world figures not manufacturer ones. Either way I think anyone that buys a 3090 has rocks in their head or to much money or is being handed one as a YouTube or Twitch "influencer".

atomed, 2ndLastJedi and mesfigas like this.
  11. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I will go for a 3090 as soon as they come out, if the prices of cards like 1070 or 1080 fall it will be a good opportunity for everyone to update their cards.

I was thinking of buying a RTX 2080 a few days ago, luckily they sold out if I wouldn't be crying now...

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

watch the used market, the first buyers for the 3080 will be wanting to sell thier 2080s.

13. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I had raised the money for a 2080ti new, so I'll wait to see the prices of the 3000

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm in, upgrading from a GTX 1080. Will get a whole new system since my CPU dates from 2012. Would like a 3080, but my performance estimates suggest that will be about 20% shy of target fps(*) for triple 4k monitors, thus I'll probably have to pony up for a 3090 (sigh).

(*) Target is 60+ fps for at least 15 AI with rain at night in rF2 & AMS2. 60+ fps ACC performance will only be daytime and probably with graphic settings turned down. With settings turned down, I can already hit 60+ fps on triple 4k in rF2, though not with the newest cars on Nordschliefe & 15 AI. Raceroom is currently borderline; I can probably turn graphics down another notch and be better off.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

checked a list and my freesync monitor is listed.... I may switch back to Nvidia. (been a long time since I last used one)

16. Schumi

Schumi Registered

2 days ago I updated my 1060 6 GB to 2070 Super. i7-9700K breathes much more freely now.

atomed, Adrianstealth and mesfigas like this.
  17. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    2ndLastJedi likes this.
  18. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

At the Moment, i have a NVIDIA 2070 and play only in VR with the Oculus Rift. In October i will buy the new HP Reverb 2. when the Performance with the 2070 is not good i will buy the 3080.

Adrianstealth and mesfigas like this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

bought a 2060 super recently so i ll buy again at 40xx series
    prices are a bit of fiasko compared to 20xx series but that nvidia
    also availiability might be an issue at the begining of 30xx series and i v heard that miners like the 30xx series but its rumors
    i m interesting about the benchmarks when the new series come out to see the difference from 20xx

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Leaked benchmarks, and even the Digital Foundry one (where the benchmarks are cherry picked) already don't show the advertised "twice the performance" in their reveal. It's still significant though, but the way they overhype this, only shows that they expect AMD to make a step towards the top. I'll wait for AMD's announcements. This is only good for the market :D