Nvidea drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by baristabrian, Apr 21, 2015.

1. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Some oppinions please on what the most stable nvidea drivers are for the current build. I currently on the latest and seem to be having stuttering and micro freezing more so than before.

WHat are most of you using?

2. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Updated to the latest 350.xx and seems to be an improvement. Lets my 970 go full tilt. 344.xx/347.xx after more than 15 minutes running peak tests in rF2 (>90% constant GPU usage) it would start to throttle and eventually black screen with sound only. Card temp wouldn't even reach 70C (plenty of cool air through the case and dual fans would spool up on the GPU) so I think those early drivers were restrictive. Afterburner shows the limit set at 79C so never made sense why it would go into self preservation mode.

350.xx same settings (>90% GPU load) for over 30 minutes (longest I've tested) and no issue or any hint of throttling.

That said, Titan X incoming next month. I blame Tuttle, can't help but run everything maxed, full field, and want triple digit FPS.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I´m on 344.11...............lol!
    All fine!

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Me too and I'm not going to fix what ain't broke...

6. yusupov

yusupov Registered

wow, i cant believe there are ppl who dont update w/ every single release! but i forget not all are necessarily gamers or PC gamers at any rate (GTA V just came out!!)...still, the latest drivers seem great, but so did the last...well, i think all of them afaik so... :D

7. Panigale

Panigale Banned

The Nvidia drivers can be hit and miss, the focus seems to be dx11 optimization. They also seem to be geared for their latest cards.

Simple stuff, install it, (clear your cbash and shaders) run some bench tests and if its better keep it, worse, kick it to the curb. Run afterburner (or precision) in the background and let the AI race for 30 mins. Watch it for a few minutes (not hard to do with how good it looks now) and have the FPS showing.

Only change for me was my card will now run the entire test with no throttling. Folks on a 970 or 980 running rF2 maxed who ran into black screens or throttling, should upgrade to the new driver.

Folks happy with their current performance or have a low tier card like a 750, then skip it, won't matter much. For better cards, it can make a worthwhile difference to update.

8. coops

coops Banned

Posted on NVIDIA forums about an update for RF2 in their drivers as i thought no answer from NVIDIA..
    So put up another 1 asking when the last driver had an update for a SIM RACING TITLE as i thought still no response.

So next question might be don't you give a **** about SIM RACING. As updates i see are always for bloody console or FPS games. Wonder how long till i get a ban, will keep spamming the forums till i get an answer.

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Problem is, that not one of use (the majority I would think) just one program. Nvidia drivers are a mixed bag as far as using on more than one. If I get rFactor going good with one driver, it rarely works well with other programs.

The only one that works for me all across the board is 344.75

10. coops

coops Banned

tyvm jim will go back to that 1.
    it was my 1st ever post over there and they cannot answer me after all the money i have spent on their products it's a joke.

11. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I think they will 'abandon' DX9 and it's optimisation as soon as DX12 gets out. Even now it seems they don't bother much with DX9..