Now THIS is a great summary of OUR user experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kevin Karas, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

If cars would actually move and behave like they should in replay/broadcast mode, rF2 would honestly be a joy to watch.

2. Filip

Filip Registered

For me loading times are very slow, multiple times slower than any other sim.
    UI is clumsy, unintuitive, slow, too bright, with many faults. Missed opportunity.

All this doesn't stop me from playing, on track is what counts the most.

FS7, juanchioooo and pilAUTO like this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

perfect iracing? are you kidding? LOL

4. Filip

Filip Registered

That's probably something that is not easy to fix, it could be the core behaviour of replay engine.
    I agree that iRacing replay are fantastic, in a league of its own.

FAlonso likes this.
  5. Filip

Filip Registered

He is not kidding. Just look at that

Edit: start at 10:04

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well, if he's not joking, let him go there, let him not waste time here, I don't want to play rental games, it's a ruin

7. Filip

Filip Registered

He was discussing quality of replays and I agree with him that iRacing looks closest to the real thing.
    If you don't want to play iRacing that's fine. I don't like superhero movies.

8. Binny

Binny Registered

All sims have their faults, problem is not 1 tells you what they are working on or fixing and what is prioritized. Transparency is what most users want as then they have a idea on where the direction of the sim is heading.1 catch if you know that and don't like it you will move on and that's what they don't want.

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

iRacing has a very natural camera movement, this is possible through mods in Assetto Corsa:

In general, all simulators have very little work on this aspect. It is a pity.

leseb64 likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We could talk about that (I think those are a bit too extreme and distracting, and for many series a handheld look doesn't look right) but what's being talked about above is car movement. When it comes to cameras there are many aspects that could be improved, indeed.

RaceNut and juanchioooo like this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Graphically rfactor has improved a lot, pretending that it looks like other games would go into physical depression, you see how Automobilista 2 has done, it has been a disappointment for me

something else is the new interface and other older problems

12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think what makes iRacing look really good in replays are the camera angles and movement. From that replay though it's obvious that there are issues even in the prime esports product that demands a few pennys more from it's users, so maybe it's not all as easy as it looks. I could spot warping cars and issues with the skin transfere just skimming through the video.

All in all I think that the replay system and quality in rF2 isn't too shaby and it's clearly not the worst on the market. The Broadcast for the Le Mans virtual and the Formula Pro race was pretty nice to watch, even if watching esports isn't my cup of tea. What breakes the immersion in replays more than anything else from my perspective is the abysmal sound engine and the quality. Just take one of the historic F1 cars like the March and compare it to real thing. Who ever had the idea the ship those amazing cars with those reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-samples deserves a clap on his/her fingers.

RaceNut, juanchioooo and atomed like this.
  13. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Ahh well, you are one of those, bashing everyone with different opinion he?
    I AM an iracer it's my Go-to for online racing. And I only mentioned the way cars move in there, which on another dimension compared to everyone else, especially rF2. So don't be that guy smashing on things you never experience because you closed your eyes to see it.
    I'm using ALL Sims out there and this discussion is not about the "go f*** off to the other Sim because they are doing better". It's about rF2 and it's flaws and of course we start to compare because that's the whole point that rF2 is loosing track to its competitors, and yes, all of them are one.

14. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

If users think development in general is heading the right direction, I think they wouldn't complain about it not being transparent.
    As you can see by the growth of this thread not just a few are unsatisfied with it. So transparency is maybe the option we have to not get disappointed but in the end, deep within us, we know it would be disappointed otherwise over all the years things would have evolved differently

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Nor that your opinion was better than mine, your opinion is one more, also from my point of view rfactor looks much better, another thing is other problems, but not those that you reflect ... if I compare with other sim in the end You see that everyone comes back except, those who love the competition sitesma ... I didn't say if you want to go to hell with another sim ... if you want to leave, it's up to you, not that I sent you .. . People ask for what they want but the CEO will do what he sees fit ... for me they have improved a lot and many things have been left aside, but I am not the CEO, so I can do nothing

16. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Okay this one is weird to me. How do you know "everyone" is coming back? I actually know a good number of people who tried rF2 (also our community has over 6000 members of which some also tried rF2). None of them is using it anymore today.

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

If rF2 does not convince you, and does not satisfy you enough, I would tell you two things :

On the one hand do not use this simulation, and on the other hand, it is probably useless to waste your time on this software forum that does not satisfy you.

Me rF2 frustrates me a lot, rF2 has a lot of flaws, but these qualities, which correspond to what I'm looking for in a simulation, greatly surpass these flaws.

Of course you do what you want, but why not come back in 6 months :

I think the evolution of rF2 will be very positive by then.

18. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Best joke ever. It's not like I'm doing that for 10 years now :D
    Im not explaining myself again, just because you are toxic on people disliking parts of your Sim. It's not like it was mentioned alot in this thread that we are talking about specific things especially user experience which is the worst in industry. It's not about bashing the Sim. You might not have understand this until now. Every Sim has aspects that don't satisfy me. So don't come and tell me what I have to do ;) This is an open discussion, no rant, no bashing. Why should I leave this forum when i can open a discussion alot of people are watching and participating in, maybe resulting in the devs having an eye on this.

19. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Also you do not answer my question which just confirms what I was thinking. That it was a factless statement. Also how could you say that with only being just over a year on here? The Sim is out for 10! years now. That's the whole point of this discussion

20. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

OK, your discussion forced me into a reply...

Let's take the Competition System. S397 currently call this a "beta". The definition of a beta test is that there is a product that is feature-complete that is getting tested by a larger user community, before release to all. In contrast to an alpha, which is usually an internal test and possibly very few users, to ensure things are headed in the right direction. What do you think best describes the current state of the CS? I'm pretty sure almost no-one would call it "beta" other than the fact its available to the full user community.

I've worked for several software companies. My last one wanted to do rapid developments, and had a concept of "minimal viable product" or MVP. The definition of this was, the minimal level of features and functions that you could go to market with, start selling to users. For the CS, I don't believe it is even feature complete enough to call it MVP. Not only did it not support the most common competition types within it, it also currently provides almost no reporting of results for a series/competition. These are two sets of features that in my mind would be required to meet MVP. What we've had, is a minimal version of having qualifying sessions for which the results feed into splits for actual race sessions, that each type gets run on a given schedule with a certain set of cars and tracks. The beta-beta also had a fixed setup one. This has to be the absolute and utter minimum functionality to have online racing; but it doesn't meet the criteria for an MVP. It is, at best, on-going sets of alpha developments.

MSG and S397 need to provide the resources necessary to properly build this out. its been 8 months now since the release of the "beta" (and if you consider, background development of that for quite some time before if they've been telling us the truth about that). I don't see any indication that MSG are ramping up the resources to develop this; its not on their priority list at all as far as I can see. Just like the AI on rF2 isn't. They are letting S397 continue with the graphics work because they need rF2 to handle their esports competitions. That's it. UI and CS for average users, offline or online, isn't much needed other than needing the UI to work. And there's lots of example of the UI not working, with values not being persistent or properly saved/read back, feeding into the simulator itself etc. which is the most basic of basic needs. Not even to mention the latest release of the UI, position the mouse over the positions list at the top or playback controls at the bottom, and fps halves, unresolved for several weeks. It's just not acceptable in any shape or form.

Emery, Morbo, Akela_DE and 3 others like this.