Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Andregee

Andregee Registered

90fps at End of the grid in the dusk? Can't belief it

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Different race time, different load. Try 19:30 Uhr starting time and you will never get 60 fps at the end of the grid on all tracks. . The Gpu was not the bottleneck in my case . Msi Afterburner helps alt to see what is the reason. Other Settings does not help. The sad truth is that I had to quit the last two community races because they used later starting times

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

- minimum settings in the Nvidia control panel
    - absolutely every minimum setting in the ingame graphical parameters, EVERYTHING.
    - AA OFF, OFF PP, vsync off.

- Unfavorable race conditions : rain + night / sunrise / sunset, about 50 AI, mirrors, mostly cloudy etc.

Conclusion:
    with Graphics much lower than a PS2, much lower and ugly absolutes, when the conditions are unfavorable on Sebring 12h, I do not even get a minimum SPF of 55-60 FPS. My hardware is old, but the disastrous graphic quality associated with insufficient performance makes things unacceptable: test these graphical parameters, you will see that you will have Graphics from 20 years ago.

But you did not understand that my message had only one purpose: to help.

And I have now a new power full PC, so no issue now.

M D Gourley likes this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Read my post , I said mostly !
    I always hit Ctrl + 1 to turn Off ASW to remove the stutter and do get lower than 90 (70's odd) untill about the forth corner at Sebring and I use 19 Ai always and visable and play at 8:30am !
    Noone told me to test any specific times or settings ! Ive just been playing at times i think look best

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@DrivingFast I understand you are helping mate, no dramas there. I'm just curious how Sebring performs (fps) on the same settings you get >50fps with everywhere else.

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

For a 1m32 screen at 65 cm, level 5 is strongly better for me.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

1080p screen ? Highest AA is always preferable but if it hurts performance too much , well you will need to be realistic and lower it a bit .

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I agree ;)

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

50 ai but how many have you set for visible vehicles

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This "doesn't matter" much, you put 8~12 visible cars but the game is still working on the whole grid.

DrivingFast posts are beyond repetitive but he is right tho, rF2 inconsistency is annoying as hell. I doubt there is anything being done about it tho.

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Man i hope your wrong here !

F1Aussie and Fanapryde like this.
  12. Travis

Travis Registered

Why not provide the gentleman with your graphical settings?

I tried a 20 AI GT3 race at Sebring with the default track settings and suggested high graphical settings and managed 43fps from 21st place with my GTX 1070.

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Finaly got around to buy and test the track. I think it is a two edged sword. The quality is insane and to some extend it simply justifies the price when you are using rF2 alot. Infact people might be able to pick it up in the future in a sale and be able to use it for the rest of their life. Wich is a good deal at the end of the day, just incase someone might be tight on money and I am totaly understanding people who aren't living at the "right" place of this planet. The immersion while driving the track and how the bumps unsettle the car and determine breaking points and lines is incredible and as many have allready pointed out - each bump is worth it's money. The detail that is showcased here is just in a league of it's own.

What brings me to my single and only complaint about the track: it sets a new quality standard again wich affects the perception of old content and somehow makes it a standard for all the track content that is to come. And this ultimately means that people with mid-low range hardware will struggle. So my advice for S397: stick with this quality and don't rise it again in the near future, even if it means taming your artists. :D Allways setting a new standard with every new piece of content makes a sim/game a messy experience for the end user, unless you update all of your old content.

On a closing note I want to thank VLM for their version of Sebring (and all their othher content) that I have used for so many years in so many sims now that it just showcases what an amazing piece of art their track still is to this date, given their limited technical options when they build the track over half a decade ago. The accuracy and athmosphere of that track was amazing for a free offer and really set a benachmark for this one. ;)

BigDuke6, Levelup1, Dodger and 8 others like this.
  14. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

after a year or two a 600 dollars/euros computer will be able to suck this track in full quality with high fps
    so we leave in the past
    be patience and update when necessary.

15. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, VLM's Sebring set the standard since December 2009 for rF1!! It was updated to v2 for rF2 in 2015.

16. stonec

stonec Registered

You are correct about the race time thing. I think it's more a general problem with rF2 than with this track, and probably more to do with FPS penalty from headlights etc.

@Travis Right, got back home now, so here are the results. So my goal was to reach 60 FPS on start grid using GT3 pack, which is considered the heaviest DLC item. I could in general use the settings I wanted, with one exception. Raindrops from MEDIUM to OFF was the key to unlock another 20% performance. Since I don't use rain anyway, it was a welcome surprise. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but these are things you learn from playing with all the graphic settings.

The second crux is that only the Full layout runs at 60 FPS, with 12H I didn't quite reach the goal without adjusting my default graphic settings further. But even 54 FPS is an okay result, considering that the start is the worst-case scenario. Having said that, the 12H track is heavy, about 30% heavier than Matsusaka when judging start grid FPS.

Results are with 20 Radical GT3 cars, i5-3570, GTX 1050 Ti.

Sebring 12H - rain drops OFF: 54 FPS
    Sebring 12H - rain drops MEDIUM: 45 FPS
    Sebring Full - rain drops OFF: 61 FPS
    Sebring Full - rain drops MEDIUM: 51 FPS

rFactor2 2018-08-05 23-14-45-86.jpg
    rFactor2 2018-08-05 23-22-16-64.jpg

mesfigas, M D Gourley, Emery and 3 others like this.
  17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Lol. Performance increase with raindrops off even in the dry. That is really weird

18. Travis

Travis Registered

@stonec Thank you for the detailed response.

You've certainly unlocked some very peculiar behaviour in the gmotor 2.5 rendering engine e.g. no rain provides a 20% boost in frame rate!

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'd be curious to see if the same amount of cars, but using all of the GT3 carset would negatively impact fps.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I need to test this , i have rain on High even though im not really using rain weather .