Now and then track loading issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Manfredk2, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Now and then i have the issue that a track doesnt load. Instead of the loading screen i get a grey screen and i have to kill RF2 via taskmanager.

It is a similar issue as described here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rf2-doesnt-respond-in-track-load.73297/#post-1115327 Creating a new userdata folder, a new player.json and a new controller.json didnt solve the issue for me. Data check through steam also done.

As written it happens only now and then. Since making the new userdata folder i had 22 successful track loadings. Today it failed again - Vanwall at Silverstone Endurance layout. After restarting RF2 loading was ok. It is not car or track specific. It happens with different cars/tracks

Trace files from failed loading and succesful loading attached. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2023
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I trawled through the first one with all the failed "special" setup parameters and was thinking some intermittent parsing issue, then got to the end and realised that was the good one :p

What are your system specs?

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

12700K, 3090 FE, 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram, Win 11 - nothing special. Additional software simhub, tiny pedal and crewchief.

4. svictor

svictor Registered

There is a wide spread issue with overclocking RAM, which has an extremely high chance of causing various track loading issues that happened to many players in our league. Not sure if it is related, but worth checking.

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Will check that. Running my RAM at a standard xmp-profile since ever. Not sure but afair the loading issue came wih the latest stable

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

even without xmp-profile it crashed again two times...new trace files added

Attached Files:

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Attached Files:

9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. When you get the grey screen, is it the first time loading, or does it happen when you leave a server and then re-join, or join a single player session?

10. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Only single player. The trace from today was a first time loading. The trace from friday had several successful loadings before. I cant reproduce it

11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

i have a 2nd mini dump file from my old userdata folder. Maybe it helps

Attached Files: