Notepad++ Language 'rFactor'

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by jtbo, Nov 17, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It is my first language for Notepad++, there might be things to improve, but for now I'm quite happy with it, bit easier to browse trough config files with some colours.

I put it also into zip if there is trouble downloading xml.

https://www.wuala.com/finnsontrack/Share/?key=HeWShsRwUK1f

You can get it to work by choosing View -> User defined Dialogue, then click import and choose file you downloaded. After that you need to remember to choose rFactor from the language menu, I have not read trough instructions how to make it automatically be chosen when opening .hdv or some other rFactor file, but I know such is possible, one day I might learn how.

It is not very complicated to add more features to that language if one just has time to play with it, so from that user defined dialogue you can change things, add things, remove things and so on.

I wanted to get brackets to be at different colour, but could not make that happen yet, however if you click next to bracket pair is then lit up, also if bracket is missing it is quite easy to spot.

It would be nice to have such feature if comma is missing or if dot is accidently replaced by comma, might be possible but would require more time to get such feature into it.

If you do improvements, post up here so everyone can use it.

edit: This would fit to general modding help section, but we don't seem to have such, so I guess it fits to here as well.

2 people like this.
  2. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

good idea !:D

3. ethone

ethone Registered

Thanks from a fellow N++ user. ;)

4. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Excellent work - thank you!

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I'm glad that you guys find it useful, thanks from nice comments :)

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I made some small updates to Notepad++ 'rFactor' language, I had small bug in there as I had not quite understood how nesting works, still haven't figured out if it is possible to nest sections like GENERAL DRIVELINE etc. but as I downloaded latest version of Notepad++ I noticed there is changes made and now user defined language is 2.0 version.

So this attached language is for that 2.0 version of Notepad++ user defined language, not sure if it works with older versions.

New feature is that those tags like GENERAL are now bit bigger font than before so it is easier to spot them when browsing fast, something that annoyed me was that I always miss those tags.

2nd attachment is search term file for Notepad++ plugin called analyse, yes, it is called Analyse plugin and my spellchecker disagrees but I checked and that is how it is spelled.

With that plugin one can search several terms at the same time, saved file contains all those HDV tags, CONTROLS, GENERAL etc. so once you do a search, results show at bottom of Notepad++ screen.

If you double click search result, Notepad++ jumps directly to that position, so no more hunting of DRIVELINE, just double click and you are there. Of course it is possible to do same for any file, one just needs to type in words to Analyse dock and do search.

Use Notepad++ plugin manager to find and install Analyse plugin, take Compare while at it as it is very useful.

Post bugs, question and suggestions here and I'll look into it, no guaranties of any kind :)

7. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Thank you jtbo!!!