Not up-to-date, but dedicated server updater says I am

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by JohnW63, Nov 20, 2019.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Ever since there were some issues with ver 1115 and I had to downgrade to 113, I have had issue getting updates with the dedicated update script. "steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 +quit ". It says I am up-to-date. I have had to add the bit to use a beta to get the updates: " steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated +app_update 400300 -beta v1115 +quit " .The problem is, that each time I use that, the game stops seeing my league mod that I've had for months. If I reboot, nothing changes. Come back and check the next day, it now CAN see the mod. I can drop down to ver 116 and it works, but if I force it to ver 117 it's broken again. It seems that if the normal updater script see the update and installs it, it works. If I have to tell it to get a version I have trouble.

I think I would like to remove rF2 from my rental server and have it install the latest version from scratch. Is there a way to do that ? I've not done that. I leave the install to my host.