Not sure if this is a build problem but here goes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FatCity, Jul 6, 2014.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

After I updated my RF2 to 770 via auto update, I changed to 64 bit and everything was all good, ran fine, looked great etc etc.
    But then..... I tried to go into our ( simracingaustralia.com ) server and couldn't get in. The server showed ok ( we have 2 but only 1 is showing but that is another story ), I clicked on it and said I had mod etc and join button allowed me to click and enter our password but after that, nothing! just stayed with the password window open. Eventually came up with connection failed. I exited the game, restarted and did the same process with the same result, nothing.

I realised that it must be that our server was still 660 and not 770 or that 64 bit wasn.t allowing me to enter a 32 bit server but I eventually found that it was neither of these.

I had at some stage installed the minimalist UI but didn't like it that much and stuck with the standard issue UI, but once the update was installed I had the minimalist UI again, I naturally thought that this was part of the update so I thought stuff it, I'll stick with it.

I tried to get in again to no avail and also noticed that when I scrolled through the servers list, it would only scroll through the one section of the list all the time.
    I thought I would go back to standard UI and try that and lo and behold, I got in our server straight away.

So the moral of this story is.......if at first you don't succeed, try try agai.......bulls..t, the moral is, if the minimalist UI wasn,t part of the update, then don't use it unless it has a 64 bit version, just stick with what you know works.

Goodbye, farewell and amen..........................

2. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Just a quick update, went into a Fun2Race 32 bit server with no problems so 64 into 32 server = working lol.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Did you use the updated minimalistic UI?
    Not sure if it was updated for new build and/or 64bit but it was updated after 770.