Not enough FFB when oversteers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyrusyn, Jan 12, 2016.

1. cyrusyn

cyrusyn Registered

I was driving Dellara DW12 Indycar at Long beach. Even with new DW12 update, FFB feels very mush. No sharpness whatsoever.
    When the machine oversteers I literally notice it first from the tire sound rather from the FFB. Understeer has almost no feedback as well.
    I have followed DrR1pper's tutorial and installed the FFB gauge and gauge is mostly in green or yellow.
    I use G27 and have experimented FFB multiplier between 1 and 1.75 and pretty much the same. I measured my wheel's minimum torque at 0.12.

How can I improve FFB from my G27?

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Aditionally you can try adding some more caster in car setup

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

G25, G27 (and DFGT probably too) have weaker FFB around the center (to reduce oscilations). A somewhat successful workaround to this, is to increase overall FFB strenght in the driver tab, by a few %. You will get then slight non-linear FFB as low forces will be bumped up, but it should give you a better feeling around the center.

The best you can do though (and it will basically improve feeling for every car, in every sim), is switch to a better wheel. With Thrustmaster wheels, like T300 or T500, you should already be quite happy.

4. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

The main thing I have not been happy with since I git my G27 has been the FFB and a tiny bit of latency than my old MOMO didn't have... I have never been as fast with the G27. I will upgrade to a T500rs as soon as I can afford it, although I wish they made a PC version without the PS3 buttons...

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

To reduce the weakness around center on a G25 or G27, you have to increase Steering torque minimum/FFB Minimum Torque (controller.json/Ingame). On my G27 it is 14.5%.

6. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

G25/27 have 2 motors for FFB.
    When coming towards center 1 motor either stops or reduces power to avoid the oscillation mentioned.
    This is why there's a FFB 'hole' in the center.
    This can be 'removed' but only by a firmware update I think?
    Logitech won't do this or at least not yet.

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Right, that's also a solution (a better one probably), but notice, he already has it at 12%. Of course, it's worth to try and use your value.