[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks guys for saving Pleclair's hard work! And then thanks again for improving it! :cool: This is amazing. Power of community/collaboration can move mountains. :)

2. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I found how to make moving cam, so there's one on the long straight and it's moving at about 180kph (112mph).

3. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

Just came from holidays and found this, you're the man guys :D

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Just tried it, looks good boblevieux :). The new tracking cam is a lot better.

I've just finished working on the AI pit paths, trying to get the AI to pit without crashing everywhere :D.
    They were not bad. But found a few problems that I have improved. The pit entrance path was just not long enough. The first few AI cars would manage to brake in time for the pit entrance, but as the AI start queing up that distance to enter pit lane just get shorter and shorter until they start crashing into the back of the cars infront. 2nd problem was cars not pitting would sometimes crash into the que of cars waiting to enter pit lane. Was a big job to get them to behave, but it's a lot better now, 95% good. Still get the odd misbehaving AI, but think it's as best as it can be. I redid the paths from the parking area too, AI seem to get out of there better, even with 40 of them.

Made more improvements to the performance. Think you should now get an extra 2% FPS average over the length of a lap, it's not much but better than 0% :D I've been adjusting the LOD's of many objects. It means having the computer not render stuff you don't see. No pop ups still, don't worry.

DJC

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The IndyCar AI use the road setup :D and are doing 6:16s on this track :cool:

Really great stuff guys :)

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

How does one install/replace these???

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Are you planning to fix the T500 problem (too much rumble on some areas)?

Somebody suggested to lower ffb multi enough but it's not a good fix, you lose other ffb forces too.

Will be waiting for this before I try it again. Thanks.

8. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

+1

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Which track has the best force feedback for the T500 in your opinion? How does it work at old spa (road bumps)? Are there any other tracks with this strange behaviour?
    The problem is I can't test it myself and it seems when I create an update file the new tdf is not used (and I don't want to upload a test version of the complete track every day). This track has around 50 different road materials, all mixed wildly together.

10. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks to Pleclair, DJCruicky and Tosch for this amazing track. It is beautiful and addictive.

Using Simvibe and my G27 I do find the road areas with the cracked asphalt texture are very bumpy, but I thought this was intentional as the road surface appears rough.

View attachment 13758 Is this the issue people have with the T500?

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It seems so. Some values in the tdf look strange. BumpWavelen=0.10 is very low (normal value would be 2.5) and maybe the T500 is more prone to these settings while other devices filter out these low wave lengths. The karussell should be very bumpy if I look at the tdf settings (BumpAmp=0.035 BumpWavelen=2.5, normal road has RoadBumpAmp=0.0013).

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I don't have this behaviour on any other track (at least on any that I have drove recently and there's many, all ISI tracks and other quality work is fine). I remember experiencing something similar on some bad conversions long time ago but this track isn't a bad conversion :p

I feel non-stop strong rattle for many seconds in some parts on this track. Doesn't feel like bumps, more like high profile kerbs.

Hope you find the problem because the track is beautiful.

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

What car are you using Tig, then i will try the same combo tonight and report back how my t500 is behaving. Till now i haven't noticed it in v1.70

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I tried with ISI classic f2 and Howston G4. Not sure if I tried any other cars.

15. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

i don't think it's just the t500 that is being affected. running simvibe with a fanatec csw, off the start all the way till you get up the hill it feels like your running on the rims. from the top of the hill it becomes so smooth it almost feels like simvibe isn't working untill you enter the carrousel.

16. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

You just have to wait, this will be in the next update :)

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I will try these tonight

18. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Does anyone know the reason why there are many gravestones around the track? Think they were there in the rFactor1 version too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (click)

Seems like a bit of an odd easter egg :O.

DJC

19. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

The Green Hell isn't called the Green Hell because it is green and a hell to drive. .... wait.