[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

Thank you!
    Can't wait to try it!

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Wow thanks very much, read the change log man what a lot of work have you guys done. And the little easter egg.....nice :cool:

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks a ton for all your hard work, folks, it's really appreciated!

:cool:

Uwe

4. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Thank you DJC and Tosch. Your work on this project is greatly appreciated. Downloading now ...

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks so much for all the huge effort on this. Will be able to try it tomorrow. If there is a real problem with 1.70 and 1.80 co-existing, I would say so in the first post and remove the link to 1.70. Right now, only those people reading the thread will know that.

6. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

Thank yoooooooooou! guys great work Especially for removing the curbs.

7. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

when you take everything into account (physics, tactile feedback, ff, choice of seasons etc) this might be the best version of nords across all current platforms. thank you to all involved in this project.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Couldn't resist taking it for a spin... This is for sure the biggest leap in quality improvement between versions EVER!!!!

There is one deal-breaker, though. The surface imperfections on the one pavement type that I will call "oldest with many, many cracks" are bone-rattling using Fanatec at all default settings. The surface is almost as bumpy as the carousels (that are also extremely bumpy...I suspect a bit more so than in real life). I am 99% it is an amplitude issue. It's fantastic that the different pavement surfaces have different FFB characteristics--wish all tracks had this--but the bumps are using too sharp an "edge." If you have an unflitered wheel like a Fanatec, it's like driving on an artificial surface made up of sharp-edged rocks (which is what I bet it looks like in digital form). We get these types of too-sharp bumps in most imported from rF1 tracks.

Let's see what others report, but I hope it's a global setting or change that can be implemented quickly. Although it feels different in shape, the bumps are as severe as the cobblestone sections, which I am sure was not the intent.

Thanks again for this fantastic effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Very nice improvement guys, you rock!

Same problem with my T500RS (unfiltered too), we already discussed with Tosch about this too strong bumpy part of the track and the previous 1.70 version. I agree this feel too much again on this new version. Bumps even create a strong "bass" vibration and noise I can feel in all my rig and without the Buttkicker powered. Like for previous version adding some filter in Control menus fix this for this track, so it's not a deal breaker for me, I just need to not forget to make this filter change each time..

In any case I really appreciate all the work you done so far, this track look really great :)

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Sorry, didn't realize it was already a known issue. I stopped using Nords because of the curbs, but was looking forward to coming back to it.

Hopefully it will get addressed in the next update, then!

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Have you 1.70 installed? If so, please uninstall 1.70 and try again.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I uninstalled 1.70 in advance and deleted Cbash, too. (I'm experienced with these things)

YoLolo made it sound like a known issue from 1.70. Did you guys try to reduce the effect for 1.80?

13. batito

batito Registered

many thxs

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I can confirm that there are quite strong rattle at some parts in S1 at least. I also reported this in 1.70 and it was fixed for 1.73 but now it's little worse again. Not necessarily a deal braker but it feels unnatural and not nice. Haven't tested using filter but we shouldn't have to do that.

Some trees and bushes coming out of guardrails also bothers me to some extent but otherwise very good job guys.

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thanks for the update! :D Pit area look much better.. nice new cams and stuff.

I have also noticed a lot of rattling in my G27 on the oldest/brightest road surface. With 1.7 version I had to increase FFB smoothing to 8-10 (I usually keep it at 2), but with the new 1.8 version it still rattles when set at 10.

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That's the problem when you can't test things yourself because of different hardware.

Here is the culprit

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think we're all talking about the same rattling, so likely a setting got mismatched for that road surface type. A tiny error amongst a thousand worthwhile improvements. And yes, still some things like trees and bushes coming out of guardrails TIG, but these guys can't fix everything in one pass. The scale of this track means every improvement can take a huge effort to propagate throughout the whole track. Some of the issues date back to the very original version and some involve reversing questionable additions and technical processes introduced by pleclair. We have to be thankful for every incremental improvement because we will end up with something free and very close to as good as what professional gaming companies invest ten thousand professional hours to produce and charge a lot for.

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Glad my amplitude suggestion was spot on. I know a lot for a completely incapable modder ;)

19. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hi all,

Agree with other "rattle" reports. It seems much more marked now. But that worry me none! Just shaved a whole 2 seconds of my best v1.70 time. Maybe's the improved visualization... or the lack of kerbs that let me go a bit wider at times, but -2 seconds is nice.

So, ready to start accepting donations? It might serve as an incentive to work on the GP circuit ;) (I know, I know, too soon after having just released a new version)

Cheers!
    JR

20. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Fantastic job !
    Thanks