Nordschleife

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason Mullin, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Hocician

Hocician Registered

I use an OSW and what should i say... at the moment i am not so happy :-D

My shoulder and wrists are full of pain because of the Nordschleife... sounds funny but isnt funny at all for me :-D at the moment this is a real problem - cant find settings which makes me happy ... if i filter it down so that the wheel isnt pushing to hard i cant feel the important forces anymore... if i drive with good feedback i nearly cant handle the wheel... its so brutal at the NOS...
    Like the concrete shaky part at Sebring ...

2. Comante

Comante Registered

I feel your pain.. or at least I would like to try it, but you can still tone down your wheel, it's always a matter of compromises in simulation. I have to deal with the same 2.5 Nm whatever the track or car, and considering the dead zone below and the clipping on top, the range is quite thin in a G27. I'm not asking 20 Nm, I'm not crazy.. I think that 5 could make me happy enough. Most of the time on a road course I can barely feel some resistance on the straights, or some little bump here and there, this to have the most range where it matter but this make FFB a bit boring at times. If I crank thing up just a little bit to have more returns in the straight, every turn is just a long whole clipping data. Nords in this aspect is a category on his own: the amount of ondulation on the track is unbelievable, but differently from Sebring they are indeed ondulations, and not cracks and holes, very very entertaining and not disturbing at all. For example, with the same settings Le Mans is boring like hell FFB wise.

Hocician likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

I've an OSW 20Nm and usually use a 50% and it's OK, for me.
    I've to touch sometimes a bit the multiplier in some cars, but not too much
    It's OK in Nordschleife, too.

mixer61 likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Sebring bumps are undulations, not cracks and holes. Even if it would be, the mesh resolution is not great enough for those features.

Nordschleife bumpyness is lesser than Sebring for sure. Unless you are choping kerbs. Of course Nords has more intense speeds and compression zones, elevation changes in general.

You can also adjust setup to modify steering forces. Caster, rideheights, toe, camber, springs, dampers, downforce levels, fuel load, tire pressure.

5. Ermz

Ermz Registered

I was one of the people waiting with baited breath for this track for a year. It's hard to fixate on the little imperfections over the sheer joy of driving a Nordschleife render this detailed. It legitimately took a part of me back to being there in person. Those terrifying bumps, jumps and compressions you don't realize exist with the other renders of the track somehow translate in rF 2. You get everything other than the sheer weight of g-forces bearing down on your body.

Signed up here just to congratulate 397 on a great job, and to also share this video to those who are curious of how it compares to our old version.

6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

The track is awesome,thats for shure,but sadly it runs very bad in my pc,the frames are good,but getting to much freezes... :(

7. Filip

Filip Registered

I agree its fantastic track but on my side worst fps of all 100 tracks. Only Sveg Raceway has similar performance.

8. davidporeilly

davidporeilly Registered

I'm running an OSW 20nm with a Fanatec F1 rim*.
    It's only the Karousel that's uncomfortable.
    However the GT3 Cup is much harsher on the jolts than the other GT3/GTE cars I've tested. Most cars I use a 65% multiplier but this one at 55%. I don't think I could do a 2 hour stint in it but the others are fine.
    That car doesn't offer caster, spring rate or damper adjustment either so not much can be done. Has anyone else seen someone's sense if humour in the setup menu for GT3 Cup?
    The diff preload; if you select the min 70nm it's says "70nm worn out".
    *That rim btw has stood up just great to the OSW forces for say 3 years now. It's chassis is steel plate so it's a good rim.

9. blanes

blanes Registered

The Nords drive is very nice with AF Pro. With SC4 I use either responsive or default mode depending on the car though I have few times dropped to Soft because even though AF max strength is 13nm it can get very tiring with constant strong corner forces. Thankfully sc4 can be changed on the fly.

Now if we can have more settings for Horizon lock please devs !?

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This piece on Nords got me into this track
    ( back in the rfactor1 days )

Still a good watch

vegaguy5555, pkelly, Levelup1 and 2 others like this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I remember her! She has such large, lucious, eyes!

12. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Few more notes about Nordschleife I have to share.

I usually don't use grip presets because groove looks too dark for me for already dark tarmac, but naturally I sometimes need high grip preset to test maximum possible pace I/car has in Nordschleife. I drove with medium preset yseterday, and I couldn't help but feeling that it is wrong. I have developed an opinion that it might be too strict, too narrow at lots of turns. I suppose it was created by running AI ? Because AI drives so strictly on predefined path, and it results in weirdly narrow groove path at many turns, where it should get wider. At various places it feels right to be narrow and strict, but not everywhere, there are turns where it feels like it should grow wider indeed. I suppose if the line would be created by using real road data from actual real people racing around, then it should have more realistic results, unless all of them are aliens, who drive through turns in a margin of error from ideal line of few centimeters every time in 20km track.

Another thing which definitely lacks are replay cameras. I don't think that current set looks nice, I understand that there is need for zoomed out camera set to show race action better, but it does also miss action slightly too much. Which is common issue with trackside cams. Another thing is that there isn't a set that would display individual car action better, there are so many track places where I would wish to observe a car better through replay.

Thanks and your welcome.

Ronnie, sg333, Hocician and 3 others like this.
  13. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

This track is really bad ass, very nice to hot-lap on it.

The only backdraw for me are the tree shadows on the grounds, it's strange... I guess if someone is epileptic better to be careful, it's seems the shadow refresh rate is different of the rest of the 3D world. As a non-native English speaker I'm not able to describe the bad feeling.

Aside that, it's so funny.

14. Hocician

Hocician Registered

Yeah, replay cameras are lame... to wide, no car behaviour, no good screenshots... just boring!

Ronnie likes this.
  15. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

It's a general problem of rFactor2... the sim that does that best is iRacing.

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Welcome to rF2, you must be new here.

pkelly likes this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in the thread itself, I already told Christopher Elliott if they were going to put other TV cameras, I am still waiting for an answer, well I really do not expect it anymore, but hey, it is a saying, an irony;).......:(:(:confused::confused::cool:

Ronnie likes this.