Nordschleife Graphics

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by wos98uk, Dec 27, 2020.

1. wos98uk

wos98uk Registered

Have awful graphics when using this track, mostly looks like open countryside, no trees and where trees should be, just what looks like high black cliffs. Have settings on max, getting 120 +fps. any ideas to help? only seems to be this track

2. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

can you post a screenshot? I remember the trees at spa turned to a big black wall when using the old ui, maybe try switching to the new one.

3. wos98uk

wos98uk Registered

4. wos98uk

wos98uk Registered

showing 165 fps here, so dont think its a GPU or PC problem, strange it is just this trck

5. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

yeah, exactly like the spa problem. make sure you´re using the new ui, if that doesn´t solve it try uninstalling any mods that are using the nords then verify your files through steam

6. wos98uk

wos98uk Registered

Hi Mitch, thanks for your help. Have reinstalled the track, and the black cliffs are still thereon all versions. Didnt have any specific mods that use the track, so as last resort, reverted back to original UI, from build 1121, and hey presto, all the trees have come back. only down side is track takes ages to load now

7. RoWo

RoWo Member

I would suggest the newest build with new UI and cleaning/deleting of SHADERS and CBASH folders.

8. wos98uk

wos98uk Registered

I deleted the folders as suggested, then track failed to load. Reinstated folder contents, but lots of my downloaded game content seems to have disappeared. Eventually did uninstall , and re installed, back to build 1121 and back to square one, still the black cliffs of the Eiffel region

9. stonec

stonec Registered

You are on the wrong build. Latest build is v1122, released several months ago. Nordschleife will probably not work on v1121 as the track was released after that build, I suggest to not use any of those older builds in betas tab.

10. wos98uk

wos98uk Registered

i dont have the option of v1122, even though i have set option to download updates automatically

11. lagg

lagg Registered

The v1122 is the "None" option

12. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

Why did you delete those folders if it was already working? just make sure you´re using the new ui.
    The first time you try to load a track (after downloading it or switching build version) it will always take a longer time to load than usual.

13. wos98uk

wos98uk Registered

thanks for the help guys, now working properly after selecting the 'none' option