Nord/nurb problems, please help

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Matthew Hudson, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Matthew Hudson

Matthew Hudson Registered

recently, i have been having serious frame rate issues with Nurburgring, every layout takes a long time to load, but then once loaded only runs at 20 fps....its the only track that does this, all the others run great. ive tried changing my settings, restarting, made sure nothing extra is running in the background, nothing seems to help. it only started this issue in the last week or so....I am running on a FX-8350@4ghz, 32gb ram, 1050ti. I only run the game at 1080p with most settings on med to high, and every track runs great, at least 70fps, but not Nurb/Nord. Please help.

2. Matthew Hudson

i have noticed in my packages section, i have 2 versions of nurb 2018, 2.20 and 2.21, but if i try to uninstall the older one, it wont do anything....

3. redapg

redapg Registered

There is no "older" one.
    You need both Subfolders, the 2.20 and the 2.21.
    2.20 contains the Meshes, Textures, Animations... and 2.21 the different Layouts.
    Maybe you don't have enough Video Ram with your Card.

atomed likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If you look at every S397 track or car, you will find the two versions red talked about. Whenever there is an update, both version #s will increase. S397's format is begin with an even number and end with an odd. So 2.20(even) is matched with 2.21(odd) Modders may insert an completely separate number to indicate a car or track that is not official. Thus with the above example, you may have 2.20, 2.21 and 2.17(could be whatever number the modder chooses, even or odd). And, when-ever there is a version # update of a track, this will clear the cache that helps with faster track loads and your first revisit to an updated track will be painfully slow. Online users especially should pre-load ANY track prior to an event just to verify the cache is in place.

5. Matthew Hudson

Still having the same issue with this track. Even if i just load the gt layout of the ring, it still runs at between 8-20 fps. Every other track in the game runs at 70fps minimum. It doesnt make any sense why its just that track....its not like its a strange mod or something, its paid for official content that is currently un-playable.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

probably your 4GB of video ram in the 1050ti is getting swamped. Choosing ANY of the Nurb/Nord tracks loads the entire region and I'm willing to bet the minimum Vram consumption is 6GB if not 8GB. Reduce your settings, lower settings and PP anything to give your video card a little space.

7. Matthew Hudson

i have tried changing my settings....no help. The thing is, until a couple weeks ago, it ran great.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The sim uses a new reflection code which applies to all tracks. I don't know if that adds more to the Vram usage.