No Sound Open wheelers

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by F2kSel, Sep 7, 2013.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Updated the game and all went fine, sounds work in previously installed mods which were installed through mod manager.

I then went online as and I installed the Historics from there however there are no engine sounds.

I've seen loads of threads about sounds but nothing useful other than re-install which I'm not prepared to do and shouldn't be needed.

There are too many reported issues about missing sounds for it to be ignored.

Also I noticed that in all vehicles that have no sound when you change down the car never goes into neutral I don't know if it's related.

2. rer8

rer8 Registered

Not sure if this is the answer, but check mod manager to see if sound is installed... I think it is DFV....

3. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Thanks, in the end I re-installed.

Again open wheelers no sound. I checked the download page and noticed that there was a newer version 1.49 I had 1.48. I downloaded 1.49 and sound is back.

I thought the mod installer should highlight the update option when a newer version is available.

It also makes downloading mods from in game pointless if you can't update them without having to re-download them. It took 2 hours on my slow connection and now I have to download them all again.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You didn't have the update for it to show you anything.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

5. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Sorry I don't really understand the reply.

Unless you mean I have to place the later version in the packages file and then it lets me update.

This still ends up with me having downloaded all the files twice.