No Pit Box Online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by argo0, Mar 24, 2013.

1. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi,
    As the title says, I was in the SR4L server tonight in Marussia at Sebring. Even after requesting a Pitstop, there was no Pitbox visible at all in P, Q or R.
    I tried changing FOV and Seat Position to be higher and further back ( christ, some of you guys have got it easy using this view!) but still no sign of it.
    Switched servers to Malaysia, Marussia again. Requested Pitstop in Practice. Still no sign of it.
    Works offline ok.
    Checked .plr. Theres a line about pitbox and mine is set to on.
    I have seen and used the pitbox online before, no problem, but not in Marussia.
    Any ideas?

2. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

The pit stall indicator could be hard to see at times. It is just a tiny red arrow pointing down, with a couple of flashing ones on the ground.

There is more then one time during league races that I have over shot the spot, just cause it is so hard to see, if I spot it at all!

Try again, and keep a sharp eye on it.

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Same thing happened to me few hours ago, with Nissan Gt4 in a server @ Midohio, race session.

I got a stop&go penality and wasnt able to find my pit spot because the red arrow was missing.

Tried three times (then i got DQ) with and without pit request.

I can report the issue to ISI, but i would like to have other confirmations before to point this thread to ISI.

4. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Happened to me tonight.. Red Arrow was not there.. I even requested to pit again and went extremely slow, just wasnt there.. but if you get lucky and stop in the correct garage it will will start changing tires.

5. coops

coops Banned

drivers at racefactor league has the same issues. so no pit stops for us.

6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

You will find if you remove the "Australian Tracks " that were leaked last week, the "pit box" will return for online racing.
    I recommend you uninstall and delete the following tracks
    Bathurst
    Eastern Creek
    Hidden Valley
    Phillip Island
    Sandown
    Austin

There was a reason they were not apart of a public release.

SS

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ok, i uninstalled and removed the tracks, but it is pretty strange that some tracks can interfere with the behaviour of other tracks!

8. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

We couldnt understand either and we also put up a couple of threads with the issue and got NO answer so we had to figure it out ourselves it's something to do with textures , why it affects all tracks online Idk
    Thus the Non release of tracks

Just a thought
    I recommend ISI give us our Pit workers Back when you pit as the arrow and the box are just Hard to see

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This!!!:)

10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol there in dev mode i cant see why it cant be implemented offline and online too

11. argo0

argo0 Registered

Ok, thanks for the help everyone and hopefully we'll soon get a better pit experience than just the red marker.

12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

By my side, i opened a thread in the internal forum.

My concern is, above all, that some future tracks can have the same issue (if not related to duplicate file names i have no clues about the reason of the bug) so imo is better that ISI takes a look to the thing (and i still have the aussie tracks so i can upload them in the private ftp if required)

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

When this happened to me a while ago I thought it was very strange - my symptoms were different, but the solution ended up being the same: removing certain (apparently) unrelated tracks - ....and I instantly went from nightmare to 100% stability.......

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10434-RFactor2-software-crashes?p=142887&viewfull=1#post142887

and

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10434-RFactor2-software-crashes?p=143096&viewfull=1#post143096

and

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10434-RFactor2-software-crashes?p=143102&viewfull=1#post143102

and so on.....back then I didn't think it was possible. Now....?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  14. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

Had this problem also, but it was about a month ago.. we found a clean re-install fixed it.. it was effecting our leuges season.. We had none of the above mentioned tracks.. I was actually concerned as our modding team is working on a couple of them ourselves. Fortunately.

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I can also report the missing red arrow in my race I had last night. Some one told me about deleting those tracks above, and it worked after. Shame, as I liked those tracks :(.

16. JGraf

JGraf Registered

cost me the win at tptcc.com last friday night, season event.

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I had this issue today at Heartland Park in the 370Z. So I uninstalled the Aussie tracks I had installed (I only had Bathurst, Eastern Creek, Sandown, Oran Park, Canverra & Hidden Valley installed) and read this thread so I uninstalled all the Aussie tracks and the pit box showed again. So I reinstalled the tracks one-by-one to find which was the offender.

When I have Eastern Creek installed the pit box disappears. That track appears to be the culprit. Unfortunately

18. Nils

Nils Registered

This problem is still alive in build 240, I had it on Toban with the Spark F2, on Putnam with the Skippy and on Silverstone with the Skippy.
    I have an installation of rF2 that uses a syncronizing tool, so for all users all files are the same and even there some people have the arrow and others, on the same server, with the same car, donĀ“t have it.
    Total showstopper for online racing...