no password = downloads mod. Password = mod download failed

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Rich Goodwin, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out.

From memory the Clio server uses a vmod which I created using your automated tool in the getmod manager. Maybe I messed up somewhere a long the line with that, highly likely!

Thanks for your input. I'm constantly learning while hosting rfactor2 servers while striving to provide the absolute best experience for anyone visiting our servers. I just try to make it so anyone fresh to rfactor2 would join one of my servers, enjoy the experience and want to play more, be it with us or others.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Based on the version number I am guess it was generated by my tool. I'm not sure which version of my tool you are using. The older version you supplied the path to a mas file with the rfm and dds files. But my more recent version you specify the path to one DDS icon and the rFm file and it generates the mas file for you. I'm guessing you used an older version that just pulls in a mas file you make on your own and maybe your mas got messed up somehow. But now that I think about it.. it's possible my mas creation logic may be picking up other crap and stuffing it on the mas file it generates.

Edit: Okay I just reviewed my code. Basically my tool takes the rfm and dds you supply and then create a folder called "%tmp%\getmodmgr" and puts the files in there and then calls modmgr.exe to add *.* to a new mas file. So if the app crashes for some reason it will leave behind old mas, rfm and dds files. So the next time you build a vmod it will pick those up too. But assuming my tool isn't crashing it should be cleaning up that temp folder every time. I am going to add some more logic to not only clear this file at the end of the process but also at the beginning.

Edit2: Problem solved. Download v10.1.1.16 here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19702-GetMod-Manager?p=271771&viewfull=1#post271771

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Thanks mate! I shall put this to use tomorrow as this evening I am out to a dinner event with work (the reason I wanted to get the servers automated last night ;) ).

Thanks for your hard work and support, it's appreciated.