No option to launch in VR - Launches in cinema mode

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Laserbeak43, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Laserbeak43

Laserbeak43 Registered

How do you launch this game in VR?

2. Victor Miguelez

Victor Miguelez Registered

Same problem, not a single mention of how to fix it. Too bad....guess will continue using the other sims.......

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You click the VR box in the video config tool. You should be using the video config fairly often as certain events apparently reset it.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

atomed likes this.
  5. Victor Miguelez

Thanks but there is no solution to present issues. I have played in VR many times before the last update with new UI. Yesterday I was able to start VR ( finally) after reinstalling it and running Steam as Administrator (as some have suggested) But.....the game crashed 3 times while I was mapping the controller assignments. I got tired and moved over to Ac, ACC, RR3, iRacing,etc, which run flawlessly. I love rF2 but these issues are really frustrating.

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

That thread shows how you start the game in VR. It also shows you how to prevent cinema mode from interfering. Which answers the OP's question, that is why I posted it.

7. lamo

lamo Registered

VR works fine for me. No difference to pre update.

8. Victor Miguelez

Good. What headset do you have? I run through the same problems with HP Reverb G2 and Valve Index. The issue now is that the game is crashing at the slightest glinch, ie. when mapping buttons, making adjustment to video settings,etc.

9. lamo

lamo Registered

I'm using the Oculus rift and didn't have a crash yet. Getting popup window to choose whether I want to start game, adjust settings or start dev. Mode. All works fine. Btw. I quite like being able to adjust all the settings on monitor and just having to use the headset for the actual racing.