No onboard engine sound.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Steve H, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Steve H

Steve H Registered

I just bought the MCR Sports 2000 dlc and none of the onboard driving views have any engine sound! Everything else the sound is fine...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  2. Steve H

Steve H Registered

Nobody has this issue?
    Any fix known/coming?

I know it's relatively cheap but whatever the price it should work, yes?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

With the default Sound Settings i have onboard Engine Sound .
    Not loud, but you can hear it.
    Maybe you have to play around with your Settings a little bit.

Steve H likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just checked the car as well, the engine is clearly heard, although not as loud as some other cars. Remember, this car is part of the Rieza DLC and they are responsible for any updates. S397 has only updated the sound on the newest cars like the BTCC & Indycar. Cars that have not gotten the sound package update, like the MCR2k, only respond to the sliders listed under the LEGACY header.
    I will say I don't hear environmental sounds..no tire scrub, no rocks, no wind noise etc. But again, Rieza is responsible for their cars and while they have promised to update their products at some point in the future, they are currently buried under the development of Automobilista 2. I don't expect any progress on these cars & their tracks for quite some time.

Steve H likes this.
  5. Steve H

Steve H Registered

Cheers guys, ok I wasn't aware of its heritage, my bad. Maybe the sounds are out of balance a bit but all I can hear is exhaust backfire type sounds not the actual motor unless I use chase cam which defeats the purpose of sim racing for me. All other cars seem fine with my current sound settings. I guess I'll just bin it.

Cheers again. S

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems to me the new sound engine might be picking this car up as a closed cockpit (not sure how they try to determine that, if it's cockpit geometry or something else) and that's attenuating the sounds in a generic way accordingly (the new sound json parameters would be required to change that, and they're not finalised/released at all yet, let alone Reiza updating this car). I would guess the sounds are already somewhat reduced in volume in the original car, so if those low volumes are retained, plus the 'cockpit attenuation', it'll result in this very quiet onboard experience.

Bit of a shame, but unlikely to change anytime soon. I guess you can pump your system/speaker volume up in the meantime, and use the onboard/offboard slider in the sound settings so you aren't deafening yourself every time you jump out of the car, but then you'll need to adjust all that for other cars again.

Steve H likes this.